Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Giro shoes
Quote | Reply
Given that each brand of shoes has it's cleat holes drilled in different locations - like Mavic and Fizik being drilled too far forward - what's the word with the Giro shoes? Anyone having consistent difficulty trying to get the cleats back far enough? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro shoes [tom@a-lounge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 imho, it's not so much that the holes are drilled in a different position, as the shoes are designed so differently. Mavic sizing in particular is...interesting to say the least. I have experienced the 'can't get it far enough back' on the Mavic shoes, but in general, on the tri side, not as much. Depending on the riders' Sseat angle, ankling and angle of attack of the foot to the pedal, not always is the cleat slammed rearward.

in the foto is, L-R, Tri Helium 44, Tri Race 42 and 2/3rds, and Giro Trans 44. Crazy, huh?

Do we sell a shoe that fits, or fit a shoe for the function?

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Re: Giro shoes [ABarnes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the attached photo, what is the 4th screw hole for between the back two? I have not seen that setup before.
Quote Reply
Re: Giro shoes [bikenut65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is the "memo cleat" fitting for Look pedals; a patent they hold that few manufacturers pay for to add to the sole. Sidi, Northwave and a few others.
On the back side of the cleat there is a little black tab - after you have set the fore/aft and toe in/out of the cleat, mark the cleat then use the set screw to set the tab. Then bolt the cleat over the top of it.

You can then replace the cleats without messing up the cleat alignment. Avoids unsightly magic marker on the underside of the shoe etc.

A nice improvement over their orignal design (anyone remember the 'golf club' locking key?)

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Last edited by: ABarnes: Mar 26, 13 16:19
Quote Reply
Re: Giro shoes [tom@a-lounge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you are looking for the "fully" cleat backward position I'd look elsewhere. I have a pair of the Prolight SLX shoes and would say they have a neutral drilling at best. Though everyone has a foot that is shaped slightly differently.
Quote Reply