Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fitting Professionals and Payment?
Quote | Reply
The first couple times I fit a pro I was positively giddy and of course I wanted to do the fit for free. Fast forward a few years, I'm getting more and more of them. Do you all charge the pros same as amateurs? Offer sponsorship to the cash strapped?
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting Professionals and Payment? [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are two situations where I'll do a free or discounted fit for a pro:

1. As a "sponsorship", if the athlete really needs the fit, can't afford it, and is an up and comer who I want to personally support. Wanting to support that particular athlete involves a lot of criteria (that I try to keep consistent). They should be young, good attitude, not a dick, etc.

2. As a business decision, if I know that this person is going to drive business to me or increase my name recognition. Then I'm just bartering for the value they're adding to my business.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting Professionals and Payment? [vjohn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you don't charge for a fit the value of the fit is 0.Your time and knowledge are worth nothing to the Pro. I would ether discount or work out a sponsorship agreement.
Free Bike fits devalue not just you but bike-fitting in general.
Happy Freedman

Happy
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting Professionals and Payment? [Happy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. Do the sponsorship with the riders' coach or team director, not the rider himself.

"It may only take me three days to create a painting, and to you it looks like agitated swirls, but it took me thirty years to learn how to make a single brushstroke..." - Willem deKooning

Anne Barnes
ABBikefit, Ltd
FIST/SICI/FIST DOWN DEEP
X/Y Coordinator
abbikefit@gmail.com
Quote Reply