Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Fitting Help! Cutting seat post?
Quote | Reply
Could you advise me on how a fitting works. Do they fit me on another bike and adjust mine or do they start on my bike. Also, I had to buy a new seat post which is too long. Should I cut the post prior to fitting or will the fitter trim it. Over the last few months I have pieced together a bike and am now thinking maybe buying from a LBS would have been a better option.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting Help! Cutting seat post? [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There a number of ways to do a fitting for a rider. Those of us who are certified by Dan follow a protocol that allows us to determine what the proper size bike should be placed under the rider and where the saddle, bars, etc should fall for the best fit. If you are interested in getting the Slowtwitch fit experience just looks at the "fittiers" section on the website and you can see who is certified in your area.
If there are no Slowtwitch certified fitters in your area, talk to your cycling friends and see who they trust for this service. Then go and meet the fitters, it is really important that you find someone you feel comfortable working with. Good, clear communication between rider and a qualified fitter generally leads to great outcomes.
Good luck and enjoy the ride.
Pete

Pete Lester
Certified Fitter, Developer of Sports Basement Fitting services, Adventure Trip Leader.
Quote Reply
Re: Fitting Help! Cutting seat post? [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
These are all great examples of questions to ask the fitters you research in your area. As mentioned previously the list of fitters here at slowtwitch is an excellent place to start, especially if you are fitting a tri bike.

Retul Certified Master Fitter, FIST certified fitter, Owner of Hypercat Racing http://www.hypercat.com, and friend to the animals.
Quote Reply