Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

perhaps WTB: well-used 55cm P2K/P3 frame
Quote | Reply
I'm on a casual search for a well-used frame as above. I don't care about aesthetics - the paint can be trashed, I don't even mind some dings in the aluminum, as long as the frame's not bent or compromised as a tight-tolerance frame. Fork and headset are optional. No need for other components, I have reasonable stuff on my Kestrel 500sci, which is just a bit too long on the top tube for me as a long-term bike, even with a forward post and shortie stem. Some of this is budget-driven (I have none) but my bikes usually get scratched or dinged over time, so I just decided to go with a scratch/chip/ding motif rather than freak over the small stuff. If you have a frame like this and you are waiting to get it painted before you put it up for sale, forget the paint and tell me about it, inc. how much you want for it. You can reply here or PM me. I'm in no hurry, and could easily wait until after this season, but I may make a move now if something affordable became available. Thanks brethren and sistren!
Last edited by: bonkbrother: Jan 18, 05 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: perhaps WTB: well-used 55cm P2K or P3 frame [bonkbrother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump for the weekend, then I'll go away for a season...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's your budget. I have a 2002 P2k (red) that I've been debating either selling or getting repainted. Has a Profile Design BDC carbon blade aero fork and DuraAce bottom bracket. Nice looking, but in used condition (some chips on the seatstays and chainstays, a few small scratches).
Quote Reply
Re: perhaps WTB: well-used 55cm P2K or P3 frame [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My original post says I have no budget, which doesn't mean I can't pay for a frame :-) But rather, my $ is tied up in my current bike, and the post is an attempt at locating a fellow twitcher who would part with a frame at a reasonable price (I know, very subjective) which is less than market value because of paint chips, scratches, dings, etc. My plan is to ride my Kestrel this summer in some very hilly races - it is set up with drops, STI's, and clip-ons - then move my drivetrain to a bike with steeper geometry for the long haul. I'm in no hurry but I eventually need to switch - even with a forward seatpost, the Kestrel is a little too long for me.

I did the tri scene in the early 80's (my Bianchi cost me $350 race-ready), then took a 20 year break before getting back into it 2 years ago, so I have a limited feel for what stuff costs, or at least it's value. That, my limited budget, and my lack of need for an aestheticly pleasing frame are what motivated my post and request. If I make you an offer I will likely offend you or embarass myself, or both. (And I am not feigning ignorance to try to get a deal.) If you tell me what you want for it, then I can figure out if I could make that work financially.

And if that sounds lame, then call me limpy and I'll blame it on my old age :-) Thanks regardless...
Last edited by: bonkbrother: Jan 15, 05 7:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swell - I just discovered that my profile PM is not working. I've changed it, if you have responded to the above via PM please try again with the new email address! Thanks.
Quote Reply