Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Powertap C1 chainrings (110BCD 52/36)
Quote | Reply
PRICE DROP -$300usd. Price includes PayPal fees and Shipping to Canada and U.S. I'm located in Toronto .

Lightning cranks sold.

Powertap C1 Chainrings still available. Used (~2000km with new chains), but in good condition and functionally perfect.

I could put the Powertap on a Praxis Zyante chainset for another $50. (I'll post pics if interested).

All you need to know about Powertap C1 chainrings power meters can be found here: https://www.dcrainmaker.com/...hainring-review.html

Last edited by: beston: Jan 26, 20 17:24
Quote Reply
Re: Lightning carbon road cranks with powertap C1 chainrings [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size are the chainrings?
Quote Reply
Re: Lightning carbon road cranks with powertap C1 chainrings [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good point. Mid-compact 52-36 chainrings
Quote Reply
Re: Lightning carbon road cranks with powertap C1 chainrings [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is the spyder five arm or four? Do you have to use these cranks with their BB?
Quote Reply
Re: Lightning carbon road cranks with powertap C1 chainrings [tomk407] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spyder arms:
The spyder is five arm (that's all that the C1 powermeter are compatible with). Having said that, Lighting spyders are removable and replacable with an number of different spyders (https://www.lightningbikes.com/...et=0&sort=normal)

BB compatibility:
You can use a variety different BB's with this (i.e. you are not limited to using Lightning brand BB's). The spindles seem to be the same length of current BB386/PF30 cranksets. I was most recently using the cranks with a praxisworks BB30 to PF30 conversion bottom bracket (shown here). There are also cheaper alternatives, such as this BB from aliexpress, or just getting BB spacers/adapters for a BB30 frame.

Of course, the listing includes Lightning's BSA30 BB for standard eglish threaded frames, but you could also use the Rotor BSA30 BB.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump for price drop.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry for all the questions. Looking to purchase for the wife's bike. She has a Specialized Shiv, would she need a new bottom bracket? She has 50/34 rings, does the C1 work with these? Her bike is all black, no logos, can you remove the logo from the crank arms? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regarding your wife's Shiv: It all depends on what crank she has in there right now. If she has a Shimano crank (24mm spindle), then "Yes, the bike would need a new BB". If it's another brand of crank with a 30 mm spindle then, then "no, the bike should be ready for this crankset with a 30 mm spindle".

I have already removed the lightning logo from the cranks (it's all black).

While the C1 can accept different spec'd 110BCD chainrings (i.e. 50/34) the FSA chainrings on it are actually a '1-piece' unit and you can't separate the big ring from the small ring. I haven't seen anything like that on other cranks, nor do I think you could easily swap the rings from the shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Powertap C1 chainrings (110BCD 52/36) [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for edits and last price drop.
Quote Reply