Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Found: 5 pawl HED freehub body, 11-speed Shimano; have: XD freehub or payment
Quote | Reply
Kind of a long shot. Looking for 5-pawl 11-speed HED freehub (used on the 545 hubs). I have the corresponding XD freehub I could trade. Alternatively, also open to buying the freehub if you have a spare one.

Thanks in advance

------------------------------

Part found; thanks slowtwitch
Last edited by: echappist: Jul 31, 20 17:58
Quote Reply
Re: Want: 5 pawl HED freehub body, 11-speed Shimano; have: XD freehub or payment [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which are the 545s? Or how would I be able to tell? I have a Steve HED "special" on my 2010 Stinger 6, but I upgraded the hub from 10 to 11 later on with some creative measures needed to make it work due to the unknown parts Steve threw at it. Or at least that is the story my wheel guy got when he called HED tech support. Anyhow, the wheel-set is split since I trashed the front on a ride up in the Poconos and I only have the rear in rideable condition which I guess I could part with the freehub or the whole wheel if you want it.

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: Want: 5 pawl HED freehub body, 11-speed Shimano; have: XD freehub or payment [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately it won't work. The 545 hub was introduced in 2016. So my Stinger 6 from the same era (which I upgraded to 11-speed) doesn't have a freehub body that's compatible with the 545. My Jet Disc from 2016 does have a freehub body that's compatible though. I may just use that in a pinch, as there's no ITT this year, but I do still need to scrounge up a freehub body eventually.
Quote Reply
Re: Want: 5 pawl HED freehub body, 11-speed Shimano; have: XD freehub or payment [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got a body that came off a set of Vanquish V8's
you may know if it will work, but I'll check this evening.
Quote Reply