Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by christian1
Last edited by: christian1: Jan 28, 09 18:41
Re: Zipp Vuka Bull--Interest? [christian1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump. Lots of lookers, but not even an inquiry? I thought it was priced pretty well?????

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The price being a bit steep might explain it. Most used items--including some almost new items--end up selling for 40-60% of the price on this forum--at least the stuff I've looked at seriously. You're priced at the 80% mark for something that's seen a year and a half of use. Now if you were including the brakes and clip ons as a package.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Price is just too far out there. You can get a brand new set of Syntace Stratos CX for less than that. I just got my third set of them for $110.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As suggested above, your price is insane. That said, I wouldn't take a second hand carbon bar even for free...

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Bull--Interest? [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In case you didn't look I am not selling Syntace bars. Try to compare apples to apples. Given Zipp's (and their next closest competitor Hed Vantage 8) original price is my asking price too high?

I understand hesitation in buying used carbon bars on one hand, but no one blinks when they buy a used bike with a carbon fork. I would stand behind these being free of any problems. There's always ebay :)

chris

"You can quit, and no one will care if you do. But you will know."
~John Collins, Ironman founder

Member HED Mafia
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think about it. Something used for 1.5 years is not going to sell for $50 off of retail price. Anybody that gets any discount form their local shop could get a new one for 10% off or about $300. Half of retail is closer to what you should expect if you want to sell them. I am not saying the to be an ass, it is what the 2nd hand market bears.
Quote Reply
Re: Zipp Vuka Bull--Interest? [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
decrease the price to something under 200 if you want a shot at it. I would buy it for $125. But then again, i have no need for it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Syntace vs. Zipp Vuka Bull is an apples to apples comparison because they are equivalent products from different companies. Zipp may demand a higher premium when new, but for used products you have to be competitive with the other products that your buyers might buy instead.

Chris
Quote Reply