Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB Zipp 2001/3001
Quote | Reply
Anyone know of any of these for sale? Maybe a friend thinking about getting rid of one? Or a shop w/ a used one? I'm looking for a large frame and beam, preferably 700c size.

Thanks

Kevin
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Zipp 2001/3001 [hammydad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin,

Good luck....I hope you find one. Guess you decided against the bikes we were emailing about?

Paul

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Zipp 2001/3001 [getting-old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul,

I'm still thinking about the one with the rear brake, but I'm still trying to decide if I can commit to 650 wheels. That's pretty much the holdup. Thanks again for all your help. I'm sure I'll be bothering you again for technical info once I actually get my mitts on one.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only place I ever see them is on ebay about once every two-three monthes. If you have one availbile to buy, take it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Watch the 650 frame as the head tube for a guy your size may be too small. You'll probably be stacking the head set or using a stem with a rise to make it fit....unless you are very flexible and can ride LOW!! : )

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have put up a small gallery for a local friend that wants to sell his Zipp 3001. Only the brakes and cables have been built. No cranks or wheels were ever mounted and it was never even close to being ridden.

Serious offers are welcome.
milesian(at)gmail(dot)com

I believe his is a large frame with small beam, but it could be large/large. I'll have to ask him again. Wheels are 650c. You may view the pictures here:
http://www.milesian.net/triathlon/zipp3001
Quote Reply
Re: WTB Zipp 2001/3001 [Mookie1986] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holy crap, that is NICE!

- The Who
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here are a couple of links of ZIPP 2001s on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7159114845&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7159460799&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1[code][/code]

Rgds,

Joey2makSmile
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That IS a nice bike, but after looking at Zipp's site, I need the 700c size, I'm just too freakin' tall. Nice frame though.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was the 3001 ever made in 700c?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Magna est veritas et praevalebit

"I'm not going to have reporters pawing through our papers. We are the president."
-Hillary Clinton

The answer to "1984" is 1776.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes...it was made in the 700c size. Zipp frame sizes were not only dependant on the frame size (small or large) but the wheel size as well (650 or 700). The 700c large frame/ large beam is larger then the 650 large frame/large beam. The 3001's were made in each size and combinations.

Paul
Quote Reply