Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: flashpoint wheel set
Quote | Reply
FP 60 or mix 40/80..

thanks

"it takes commitment and clear understanding that being an endurance athlete is just hard. there are no short cuts."

Quote Reply
Re: WTB: flashpoint wheel set [3fkta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to consider going the route I did here. A friend also just bought the FP60 front and deeper FP80(?) rear from Mike with his hubs. Still under $1k. We're both happy with the sets we got, and I have a second friend that is just about ready to pull the trigger on an order.

-------------------------
Trek Madone 5.9SL
Felt B12 (sold)
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: flashpoint wheel set [SCOTTinNJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so speedcific built you the wheel using their hubs.. what do you know about neuvation wheels..

any good..

thanks

"it takes commitment and clear understanding that being an endurance athlete is just hard. there are no short cuts."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. They source the hoops directly from Zipp and build them with whatever hub and spoke combo you want. I chose there hubs since they are MUCH less expensive than anything else I could get. They seem to be holding up well too.

Don't know much about Neuvation, other than folks around here and elsewhere seem to like them.

I'd give Mike Garcia over at Speedcific a call at least. He'll give you build specs and a price over the phone. Sometimes he's tough to get a hold of, but usually when you get him on the phone he'll talk your ear off.

Trek Madone 5.9SL
Felt B12 (sold)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So this guy mike sells Flashpoints? Is that it or does he have other rims?
Thank you
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: flashpoint wheel set [kgfire03] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He sources hoops from Zipp, so can get Zipp or Flashpoint hoops. I believe the Flashpoints are the present models, but at least the 404's (which I think are called 505's when sold as hoops) are the older, non-dimpled, versions. He may be able to get the dimpled versions as well, but I don't think so.

Then he pairs them with hubs you choose and spokes (and spoke count) you choose.

I bought a set of 404's with his hubs and 20/28 spoke combo.

Trek Madone 5.9SL
Felt B12 (sold)
Last edited by: SCOTTinNJ: May 24, 11 9:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I already have a pair of 80's, may want a 40 for really windy days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Competitive Cyclist has the set of FP80s on sale for $899...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI...Mike can get either dimpled or non-dimpled...higher price for dimpled. Also, the flashpoint rims are different from the 404 rims in that the flashpont rims are a multi-directional ply carbon pre-preg sheet, somewhat heavier than the 404. The 404 is a more 'tailored' layup of the carbon to achieve greater strength in specific directions, and also a bit lighter than the flashpoint rims.
Quote Reply