Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

WTB: Triathlon frame 48cm
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a cheap small size triathlon frame (top tube around 48cm), as long as in the right size I'll consider any brand.

Thanks,
Sérgio

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Not that cheap, but . . . [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Not that cheap, but . . . [Lamar Latrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! That's a good deal. Not cheap, but still a good deal.

Sergio, I'll be curious to hear if you find something? Does it need to be 700c wheels? That seems to be the hard part. Only two inexpensive semi-tri x-small 700c frames I've found are the Giant TCR Aero and the K2 T-Nine/Red Zone.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: Not that cheap, but . . . [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sergio,

The QR Lucero mentioned in the previous post is 48cm for the seat tube. Top tube is much longer.

Hoka One One (Hawaii)
facebook.com/hokaoneonehawaii
Quote Reply
Re: Not that cheap, but . . . [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I forgot to mention, it should be 650c since I already have a racing wheelset.

In fact is a pretty good deal, for a really nice frame, but I'm looking for something cheaper since I only race a couple of non-draft triathlons per season.

Quote Reply
Re: Not that cheap, but . . . [wlby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the warning, Justin!

Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Triathlon frame 48cm [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a zipp 2001 in xs, 650 wheels, some DA on it. Was going to throw it on ebay this weekend as wife decided babies were more important than triathlons & never rode it. You'll need to put a seat + new tires, but for $400, it is serviceable.

"There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs." John Rogers
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Triathlon frame 48cm [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I am interested in the XS Zipp can you send some pictures?

Thanks

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Triathlon frame 48cm [mopdahl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the "geometry/size range" on your xs zipp 2001? I am 5'6" and still looking for a frame. thanks!

GasMunky,

I have a 2005 Cervelo P2K frame in new condition for sale.

51cm/700c wheels. Asking $1000. I'm 5'3 and the top tube is a little too long for me (even w/ 70mm stem). But as far as getting in a low aero position, I can still get the arm rest pads to be 3 inches below top of saddle. Since you are taller, it may fit you perfectly.

Reply if interested.

Hoka One One (Hawaii)
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Triathlon frame 48cm [wlby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BTW, the 2005 P2k comes w/ new carbon aero seatpost, 2005 model Wolf TT fork and integrated headset.

Hoka One One (Hawaii)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a Trek 2000 that I was going to sell as a whole bike, but would sell the frame/fork. I think it's a 48, it's small and 650 C. The frame is aluminum with aero downtube (other tubes are round) and an Icon carbon fork. I'll post more info if you're interested.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Triathlon frame 48cm [Steve B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Steve,

I might be interested. Can you post (or PM me) more details on the geometry and price?

Thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, these are not official Trek specs, but my own measurements just eyeballing it with a tape measure and then converting to metric:

TT c-c 49
ST c-top 47
Standover 71
HT 9.5

I currently have the post collar rotated forward, so the center of the saddle is 4" behind the BB, and 24" above it. I don't have a scientific calculator handy, but if you want to know this angle, do arcsin 0.16666 and subtract the result from 90.

I don't know anything about marketing bike components, but I'm thinking this frame is worth $200-ish including the carbon fork and headset. I'd probably include the stem and seatpost if you want them.
Last edited by: Steve B: Aug 5, 05 15:16
Quote Reply