Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FOUND: Temple / arm for Smith Pivlock V2
Quote | Reply
I just snapped the right temple of my Smith Pivlock V2 sunglasses. Anyone got a spare to sell?

◼︎ We shall soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four, in which people will persecute the heresy of calling a triangle a three-sided figure, and hang a man for maddening a mob with the news that grass is green. - Chesterton
Last edited by: TMI: Sep 24, 18 17:25
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Temple / arm for Smith Pivlock V2 [frons] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Call/email Smith. I think you would be surprised at how well they will take care of you.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Temple / arm for Smith Pivlock V2 [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Temple / arm for Smith Pivlock V2 [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear, have reached out to Smith already since I purchased these through an authorized dealer. I was concerned that they wouldn't have any spares for a model that had been discontinued for awhile now, though.

◼︎ We shall soon be in a world in which a man may be howled down for saying that two and two make four, in which people will persecute the heresy of calling a triangle a three-sided figure, and hang a man for maddening a mob with the news that grass is green. - Chesterton
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably send you new pair.
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Temple / arm for Smith Pivlock V2 [cjb3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hmmmmm......I think I just "broke" mine also
Quote Reply
Re: WTB: Temple / arm for Smith Pivlock V2 [cjb3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I suspected, Smith no longer has spare parts for this model. I could send in my pair for inspection to see if the breakage qualifies as a manufacturer defect covered under warranty. If it did, they would send me a new pair of current model sunglasses. If not covered, I could get a new pair for a significant discount off of MSRP.

Sadly, none of the current Smith sunglasses appeals to me, so I am still in search of a spare temple if someone has one collecting dust in a closet somewhere. In the meantime, I'll be attempting to repair the temple with epoxy (it's a nice clean break). If the repaired temple sustains the stress of locking the lens into place, I'll leave it on my favorite lens forever.

EDIT: Thanks to taugen.

Also, a 2-part epoxy didn't adhere to the type of plastic with which the temples are made. CA (cyanoacrylate - SuperGlue) did mend the temple, but didn't withstand the stress of inserting into the lens, and broke again. Unsure if the temple is possible to mend with another sort of adhesive.

Last edited by: TMI: Sep 24, 18 17:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Email me, as I may be able to help you out.

taugen@peoplepc.com

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply