Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. Prices reduced. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot.
Quote | Reply
Hi Folks-

Well, I’ve come upon an interesting situation. I built up a 2012 Venge PRO in size 56cm for a buddy of mine, and his wife totally flipped her lid when she saw it, so now it’s gotta go up for sale. I also built up a 2012 Venge PRO project black in 58cm for myself. Either bike will fit me, so I’ll list them both and see what happens! That being said, I'd much rather sell the blue bike. The fastest way to contact me is to email my ST username @gmail.com. At this point, I am not interested in parting out either bike unless it is a sale minus the wheelset.

All pics can be seen here: https://plus.google.com/...thkey=CKPuhaPowprCQw

The first bike today is a 2012 Specialized Venge PRO in size 56cm, built to the hilt with a brand new 2013 SRAM Red Yaw group and 2012 Zipp Firecrest 404s. The bike as pictured weighs 15.0 lbs. The detailed build list can be seen below. I pieced together and built this bike up over the past 2 months for a friend of mine. Unfortunately, his wife has discovered our plot and is not happy about it. This bike has not been ridden since the build was completed – the groupset, cockpit, tubes and tires are all brand new. The frame is used but in excellent condition. The wheels are 2012 Firecrest 404s with about 600 miles on them. The pics speak for themselves – this bike is hot! Whether you’re off the front in a crit or laying the hurt on your buddies in a Strava segment, this bike won’t let you down.

We’re looking to get what he’s got in the bike -- $5500, or $4500 without the Zipps. The bike is located in Wilmington, DE, and local buyers are welcome. Else, the bike will be professionally boxed by my LBS and shipped via Fedex, fully insured. Handling time is a few days to get the bike boxed. At this point, we are not willing to part the bike out, unless someone wants to buy the bike without the wheelset.

The second bike is a 2012 Specialized Venge PRO in size 58cm, project black edition. This bike is in excellent condition with only about 200 miles on it. It’s built up with Ultegra Di2, Dura Ace 7900 brakes and cranks, Ritchey WCS cockpit with carbon bars, and brand new Hed Jet 7 Express wheels with Conti GP4000s tires. This bike is awesome – the electronic shifting takes away any concern about shifting performance and truly is seamless. I’d prefer to keep this bike and sell the other one, but they are both awesome and I’d be happy to ride either! The build list and pics can be seen below. I’d like to get $4900 for this bike, same conditions as above. This bike will be sold without pedals, garmin mount, saddlebag, or cages.

If you’d like to make an offer on either bike, please email me at my ST username @gmail.com. I’d be happy to cut a deal for a local buyer and arrange an in person review of either bike. Thanks for looking,
Last edited by: mjdwyer23: Apr 14, 13 5:59
Quote Reply
Re: Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot. [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How tall are you? asking for fit purposes.....

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot. [ericv2013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6'1" with a 34" inseam. Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot. [mjdwyer23] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does the 56 weigh? As built in the pics....
Quote Reply
Re: Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot. [ericv2013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericv2013 wrote:
What does the 56 weigh? As built in the pics....

15lbs 0oz as pictured. Thanks,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any interest in selling the ZIPP's separately? If so how much?
Quote Reply
Re: Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot. [abj1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, but I won't sell the wheels unless I have a commitment for the rest of the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is a useless post because I can't buy these bikes now but you did an amazing job piecing these together. Both are really well done and look sexy!
Quote Reply
Re: Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot. [USAFCarters] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I enjoy the build process and taking good pics!

Leaving on a business trip on sunday -- I'd be happy to hear offers if it means the bike's sold and shipped before then! I've got several offers for the wheelset if someone wants the rest of the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
beautiful bikes dude.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot. [TeamHall] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for a great seller. I bought a frame and parts from him last year.
Quote Reply
Re: Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot. [Orbilius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the kind words. Make me an offer, if we close a deal by tomorrow I can have it dropped off at my LBS for packing and shipping before I leave on business for a week. Wheels or no wheels! Thanks,
Last edited by: mjdwyer23: Apr 4, 13 8:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Headed to the UK this weekend. Make me an offer and I can get it to the LBS today.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Posted them both on fleabay. Happy to make deals on either with or without wheelsets. I'll be back from the UK tomorrow to put some more miles on the black one!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Back in town -- bump for reduced pricing.
Last edited by: mjdwyer23: Apr 14, 13 5:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if you decide in selling the 58 venge frame/fork/post let me know
Quote Reply
Re: Two Awesome Venges 56cm and 58cm. One's Gotta Go. Sram RED Yaw. Zipp Firecrest. Hot. [danahs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not looking to part at this time, but always willing to entertain offers. Drop me a pm or email.
Quote Reply