Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The best customer experience I have had
Quote | Reply
Promotion Wetsuits Rock! It is too bad more companies are not like Promotion.

Due to total lack of planning on my part (and being completely swamped at work for the past month) I waited until the last minute to look into a wetsuit for Timberman. I logged on to www.wetsuit.com to check out the suits, but they were out of my size. I gave them a call to see if this was accurate. I talked w/ Sue at Promotion and she stated yes, it looks like they are all gone. I mentioned how I was racing Timberman and needed something quickly, as it was Thurs and the race was next Sun, but could probably rent. She said hold on so that she could double-check their inventory for a return or a cancelled order. Nope, they were still out.

I was obviously disappointed, but it was my own fault for delaying so long. As I was about to hang up, she once again told me to hold on. She got back to me and said that sure enough (Ken? Ben?) was putting together a couple of wetsuits to fill in their inventory gaps and he could make one just for me. However, he would not be done until Wed. I said unfortunately that would not work because I am leaving for NH on Fri morning and would never get it in time. Again she told me to hold on. When she got back she said that (Ben/Ken?) would come in over the weekend just to make my suit so it would be done in time for Tuesday’s FedEx. Sure enough it shows up today!

Now, I do not now much about the other companies, but I cannot imagine them volunteering to come in over the weekend just to make one customer a wetsuit/ or whatever they manufacture. Most companies would just say that they are out of stock & you are SOL (but I am sure in a nice way). For Promotion to jump through hoops to get me a suit in time for my race, due to my own poor planning, was above & beyond the call of duty. I mean the guy came in on a Sat - just to make me a wetsuit. How many people/ companies would do that? Something I would have never expected. So as a giant thank-you I am posting this on this site (and a couple of others) to show that great customer service is still in existence and perhaps someone out there will consider Promotion when looking for a new wetsuit.
Quote Reply
Re: The best customer experience I have had [Dynastar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should probably put this on the main thread so that everyone can learn about this. That sounds awesome. i am totally going to consider them next time i buy a wetsuit (which won't be for a while since I just picked up an xterra vortex last season :( Then again, I don't know how to move threads so who knows.

berndog
How did we all get sucked into this crazy sport anyway?!!
Last edited by: berndog: Aug 18, 05 22:37
Quote Reply
Re: The best customer experience I have had [berndog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree, put this on the main thread, and yes promotion rocks!

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Re: The best customer experience I have had [Dynastar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And send them a hand written thank you note

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply