Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

SOLD: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm
Quote | Reply
2006 Litespeed Saber for sale - $1950 including shipping to continental US

- bought new last spring, road all last year (~2000miles), hasn't been ridden since IMFL last November
- well maintained, had a full overhaul before IMFL and thorough LBS cleaning after
- full Ultegra build, 175mm cranks, 10sp RD, FD, brake calipers, chain and cassette
- Easton Vista Wheels, back wheel has <50miles on it, I use a PT rear wheel
- Vision cockpit, aluminum base bar, carbon extensions, dura-ace shifters
- real design carbon fork and seatpost
- tri-stryke saddle (only a few hundred miles on it)
- frame is spotless, everything else is normal wear for a 1yr old bike, one of the decals on the top tube is starting to peel, new ones available from Litespeed

I have the QR shuttle too if you want to get the seat further forward. PM any questions - local pick-up in Santa Barbara area OK.

Craig.

Last edited by: CSpread: Nov 18, 08 17:46
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [CSpread] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know you want titanium. Why fight it?

Craig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I would like titanium. If you do not mind me asking, how tall are you? 57 is probably in the ballpark, but just curious. I am 6'1". What are you upgrading to?

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike,

I am 6'2". I switched to a large Trek TTX last fall, just never got around to selling the Litespeed. For what it's worth, I had a 110mm stem on the Litespeed.

Craig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Craig,

Do you accept pay pal, and is price still firm?

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [alittleslow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paypal is fine, PM me an offer.

Craig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is this bike still available?

i'm very interested but a little hesitant as I'm 5'10" and ride a 55cm usually. am wondering if i'll be comfortable. do you have any thoughts on that?

thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [ericj076] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bike is still available, but I'm guessing it might be a little big for you unless you're all torso and little legs. Let me know if you have any questions though.

Craig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this bike still for Sale?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [rudedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the bike is still available. I have relocated to California since the initial post though. Let me know if you have any questions.

Craig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DAYUM!! At $2K no one is biting on this? I have a similar bike and this is a sweet deal for someone tall !
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [Willrace4food] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. Its basically my dream bike. If I were in any kind of position, I'd jump on it immediately.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [Sully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you think this bike would fit someone 6'0"? Sharp bike, but think it may need to be a bit smaller.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [KentNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I imagine it would. I am 5'11.5" and ride a 56 cm road bike. I've had people look at me on it and say it fits, I've had other say I got a size too small and should have gone with a 58 cm. FWIW, I am comfortable on the 56, in fact today, did a 60 mile ride.

If I were to start looking at used tri-bikes I would start with 56-57 cm. This is purely a guess, but unless you have odd proportions I would think the 57 is the right size for you. Don't be surprised if you have to play with spacers and stem length though.
Last edited by: Sully: Jul 26, 08 7:59
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [KentNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it is worth, I'm 72.5" and ride a 57 saber as well...actually almost the same build as this bike, so for some one around 6' I think this would work for you, my inseam is around 33-34" if that helps
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you consider selling the QR shuttle by itself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still for sale.

Craig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I think from reading the previous stuff on this and other topics, that since I am 5'11" 1/2 with a 30 1/2" inseam this 57cm frame may be a good fit? I am fairly heavy at 85 kgs and probably won't get below 80kgs ever, so I believe the 77 degree seat tube angle of this Saber would be OK for a more powerful rider as opposed to the 80+ angles advised for most triathletes?

I know I should probably invest in a proper fitting, but I live in the middle of nowhere and hence I will just have to take a punt. Any advice appreciated - I know I should probably either read all the other posts or create another purely on seat post angle/geometry, but I wanted to specifically consider this saber in this instance since it is in my budget range.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$1,800 I'll take it off your hands....
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [rudedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Done. $1800 shipped to continental US. Email me at cspread at gmail dot com and we can work out the details.

Craig.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did this deal go through? Is the bike still available?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: '06 Litespeed Saber 57cm [MagicNC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the bike was sold.
Quote Reply