Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Philbert's Book, now in the 3rd printing!
Quote | Reply
Hello fellow 'twitchers,

I have just taken delivery on the third printing of my book, Scientific Training for Triathletes. It covers many of the scientific aspects of training, including many of the latest findings from leading researchers in the fields of medicine and exercise physiology. It is a favorite of coaches and self-coached athletes interested in a better understanding of how the body responds to training.

If you have ever wondered about the concepts of LT, VO2max, or efficiency, look no further. If you are curious about supplements and their actual benefits and risks, and what they will and will not do for your performance, here is your book. Scientific Training for Triathletes also covers legitimate, scientific research on products and accessories to help you determine what will make you faster.

The books are priced to move at $12.50, and that includes shipping! You can buy from my website using PayPal, or by sending me an e-mail.

Below, you can read a few comments from readers. You can also review the table of contents and introduction in .PDF format on my website, www.physfarm.com. Any other questions, feel free to drop me a line at coachphil@physfarm.com.

Philbert

p.s. If you are a dealer, and are interested in placing the book in your shop, please contact us at dealersupport@physfarm.com.

Reader comments:

"What I took away from it that I really liked (and have not seen anyone else address) is the WHY rather than the WHAT. I think that it is important, and more helpful to know WHY I am doing a certain workout rather than just go in and say I need to do X minutes at Y effort, and train blindly. It is something I will use to develop training schedules, from weekly to multi-yearly plans/goals." -Jim A, Chicago-area triathlete.

"Phil, you should be charging more for this. It is so easy to read, and a lot different than other training books!" -Sam L., Los Angeles-area triathlete.

"The book seemed to be a good fit for reading prior to the USAT Level 1 Coaching Class. Those in the class who have an exercise physiology-type background may find the book too basic. However, it seems in line with the knowledge needed prior to the course for those of use who do not have a background in exercise physiology, but have a general understanding of our body and how it is affected by certain training/racing/coaching. This book may also help those with an exercise physiology-type background who have not applied their practice specifically to triathlons." Craig C., triathlete and coach (USAT certification pending).

"Not finished yet, but into Chapter 3 and am very excited about the book. The explanations are very clear. I'm going to order several more books; one as a gift for my favorite spinning instructor who is moving to California." -Sadj B, Baltimore-area coach and triathlete.

"Thanks, Phil. My friends who already bought the book love it. I look forward to reading it." -Anne V, Virginia coach and triathlete.

"J
ust ordered my second copy of your book....guess you can figure out what I think of it! :-)" -Ina N, Virginia Coach and triathlete.

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Last edited by: Philbert: Sep 16, 05 9:10
Quote Reply