Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Philbert's Book! Reviews Here!
Quote | Reply
Hello Fellow 'Twitch-ers,

Ever wonder what terms like LT, VO2max, or efficiency really mean? Ever wonder what the scientific literature actually says about these things? Ever have questions about diet and/or supplements? Ever wanted to read about these things in english, and not in science-speak? Look no further. Scientific Training for Triathletes answers all these needs and more. It will teach you what you need to know to design your training based on what science knows of how the body works. It will help you train more efficiently, and more importantly, safely and without gimmicks.

Scientific Training for Triathletes is extensively foot-noted and referenced to the latest sports and physiology publications and information. If you read something that interests you, or that you perhaps do not believe, I have made it possible to track down the exact source of the information on your own. In other words, you don't need to take my word for any of it! You can find the original data and make your own judgement.

The book is available from my website at www.physfarm.com, and is priced to move at $10 plus $2.50 shipping and handling. You can read the table of contents, as well as the preface there.

Feel free to e-mail me at coachphil@physfarm.com for more info, or drop by the site to have a look.

Philbert

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Last edited by: Philbert: Feb 23, 05 12:13
Quote Reply
Re: Fellow 'Twitcher Philbert's Book! Now Available! [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Fellow 'Twitcher Philbert's Book! Now Available! [Philbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"What I took away from it that I really liked (and have not seen anyone else address) is the WHY rather than the WHAT. I think that it is important, and more helpful to know WHY I am doing a certain workout rather than just go in and say I need to do X minutes at Y effort, and train blindly. It is something I will use to develop training schedules, from weekly to multi-yearly plans/goals." -Jim A, Chicago-area triathlete.

"Not finished yet, but into Chapter 3 and am very excited about the book. The explanations are very clear. I'm going to order several more books; one as a gift for my favorite spinning instructor who is moving to California." -Sadj B, Baltimore-area coach and triathlete.

"Thanks, Phil. My friends who already bought the book love it. I look forward to reading it." -Anne V, Virginia coach and triathlete.

Dr. Philip Skiba
Scientific Training for Endurance Athletes now available on Amazon!
Last edited by: Philbert: Feb 23, 05 12:14
Quote Reply