Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Pedal Force Group buy at 50 but a few more is better. SWEET DEAL!
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I was informed of this deal on another website and thought that I would let the people of Slowtwitch know about it. Pedal Force will be doing a group buy for a batch of 50 frames and if they get 50 people to sign up before Feb 14th, you can get a very light frame for $500 US. instead of the regular $850 US.

That is a great deal for a 17" frame that weighs in at 1160g. The weight is real as I know someone that has bought the frame before and it does weigh this much. Think about that. This frame is lighter than most of your Tri frames. This would make an amazing Xterra hard tail. You could build it up to be about 20-22 lbs.

Here is the link to the deal. You do not have to put up any money until they reach 50 frames on the 14th of Feb. then you have 2 weeks to pay for the frame.

I am going to get 2 frames if they reach the 50 mark. If anyone has been looking to upgrade the MTB frame, this has to be the best deal going.

http://pedalforce.com/...php?products_id=3629
Last edited by: Bman: Feb 13, 07 19:23
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Force Carbon MTB frame group buy. Amazing deal. [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Brian, is this a North American deal only? Any links to the frame in question or its geometry?

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Force Carbon MTB frame group buy. Amazing deal. [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was gonna make a crack about you buying YET ANOTHER mtb, but I just got this new glass house...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Force Carbon MTB frame group buy. Amazing deal. [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ah, but I don't have any superlight carbon mtbs. And anyway I only have 2 mtbs and a frame :-p

Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Force Carbon MTB frame group buy. Amazing deal. [JulianInEngland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can never have enough bikes. Come on guys. I will stick it out at 8 bikes but they might as well be some sweet bikes if possible. Also the lighter the better in my books.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Force Carbon MTB frame group buy. Amazing deal. [Bman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ok guys, let's have some guesses what name this frame is usually sold under:

I have to say that at $500 for a 17" frame weighing 1160g (2.55lbs) that comes with a 5 year warrenty I am mighty interested.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I PM'd you some more threads on the purchase. The buy is straight from Taiwan (factory direct) and everyone is pretty tight lipped about what factory this is. They are just saying that the company makes a lot of frames for a lot of other companies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's starting to sound very good, B. I jsut e mailed my mechanic who can itenify some frames just by the shapes of the tubes and stays and hope to get an idea back from him tomorrow or Monday latest.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Bman,

I've been eyeing some carbon MTB frames lately. Any chance 14" or 15" frames are available????

If so, please PM any details.

Thanks,
Chris

Chris
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
― Hunter S. Thompson,
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Force Carbon MTB frame group buy. Amazing deal. [cvillatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM but if you go to the link in my first post, you can see the specs yourself and see what works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is the reply from Pedal Force today after I emailed the to ask a few questions. Mike at Pedal Force was very quick to reply. Actually I was a bit surprised to get such a quick response concidering it was Saturday.

Thanks for your enquiry and interest in the MT group buy offer. Yes, the weight figures of our frames as stated on our web site are all accurate (within manufacturing tolerance). We understand that weight is an important piece of information for our customers and have made sure that we state the true weight (unlike many other manufacturers).

Our frames are designed and built by original equipment manufacturers in Taiwan and China who are also contract manufacturers for some big brands. In fact, almost every reputable brand nowadays offers carbon bikes that are made in the Far East.

Our road bikes are very well received and have been highly reviewed in Cycling Plus magazine against other big brands. One of our racing bikes, the ZX3, was awarded Bike of the Year 2005. You can expect the same quality for our new MT model.

Regards,
Mike
Pedal Force

I hope this helps anyone that was interested in the group buy. I am still going to go ahead with my order for 2 and I hope that if you do go ahead that your mountain bike will be fast and light.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey wow... these guys have a TT frame with those funny shaped seat/chain stays too:

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Force Carbon MTB frame group buy. Amazing deal. [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
With horizontal drop outs, it is not a bad option if you are looking for a carbon TT bike. A bit slack for my liking at 76 degrees. Also you are stuck with there seat post which again sort of limits your STA. I am sure that if you slammed your seat forward that it would be possible to hit 78 to 80 depending on the seat. The seat post does look like it is a zero offset.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Julian,

How did you do at your race this morning. Hope it went well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Brian, I just back now absolutely creamed! I went out too fast to get toward the front of the 100 strong field before we hit the singletrack and unfortunately kept it up too long. First lap was 30:01, second 31:05 and then I bonked spectactularly complete with tunnel vision and zero concentration 35:51! Still, despite riding through treacle for that last lap I beat my riding partner by 4 minutes and he had to pay for the tuna pasta!

My back aches from the torsion of all the twists on the singletrack whilst compressing but all in all a good feeling.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
> My back aches from the torsion of all the twists on the singletrack whilst compressing but all in all a good feeling.

Sounds like a good day! :)

Get Fitter!
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was a fine day!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow, $800 seems like a hell of a deal for this frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Force Carbon MTB frame group buy. Amazing deal. [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the mountain frame or the aero frame? Both ;^)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the Tri-frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Pedal Force Carbon MTB frame group buy. Amazing deal. [Reparto Corse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know. It is pretty good for both frames. Not sure why Dan moved this since the post is more about the product that selling or buying a product. Anyways, still a great deal no matter how you cut it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Only ridden a MTB once, so just a guess. But, that looks an awful lot like a Fuji Team Issue.
There could be some glaring differences that I'm just not picking up on.

Last edited by: cslone: Jan 28, 07 17:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good spot by Cslone, it looks like a 2007 Fuji team issue with 12K weave coat.

http://www.fujibikes.com/...?id=302&subcat=2#

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks very close except for the v-brake mounts. I would guess that if we look really close that we can figure out who actually sells this frame.
Quote Reply

Prev Next