Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT
Quote | Reply
Panerai 88 G series Luminor GMT. This is big heavy watch 44mm case. Stainless steel. Ive had this watch for aq few years, and its been worn a few days each week. The case is probably 8.5 out of ten, with a few swirlie hairline marks which could easily be polished out. Ive never polished the case. The only half way significant mark on the case is a very small one at about 5 oclock. The crystal is perfect. Included is a black aligator Panerai band with polished Panerai buckle as well as two custom Greg Stevens leather starps, one of which is shown with the watch. Watch has automatic Valjoux movement with about 50 plus hours of reserve, small seconds dial at 9 oclock, date with cyclops magnifier, and third hand for setting in a different timezone.
All watch functions are working fine. Ive never had the watch serviced.
current retail on this watch is 7200, with price increases worldwide yearly.
Sell for 4500. Ill include US overnight insured shipping with this price and paypal fees.

I would possibly consider a trade for a Pinarello Dogma , Colnago c59 or EPX, or similar high end road frame in a 58-60 cm depending on brand sizing

Last edited by: LeDopedChicken: Dec 31, 11 18:51
Quote Reply
Re: Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT [LeDopedChicken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a fan of Panerai, but a Swiss Watch fan anyway - so bump for you ;-)

Reasonably fair price and I'm sure you have it listed on the watch sites.

Re: Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will probably go on TZ and pristi.com in the near future, but thought Id just offer it to the fine folks on ST first....maybe with the rare hope of trading for a real nice road frame....ya nevah know....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you list it on p.com, feel free to list me as a reference.

Eli Curt

I'm Professionally Amateur. Are you? Become an ambassador today!
Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had some really good experiences (buying and selling) with http://www.rolexforums.com You might want to try there as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT [JPDMD25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pm on the way

Quote Reply
Re: Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT [rocketbrother] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hmm are you sure you want to sell that here? For my friends here at ST, I'll give you one quick thing to look at... see the thin/asymetric crownguard? That is a "tell" of a replica.... there are several more, but we wont go there....Yet ....OP may notevenknowitsfake....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These are pics of genuine Panerai (PAM) 88

Pic 1, notice the symmetric and fat crown guard rails . . . .fakes have asymmetric thin . . .

Picture 2 . . . fakes have a recessed crown pin . . . the genuine is flush . .

Quote Reply
Re: Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Of course I will be messaging Herbert or Slow or another big boss, but I posted the above pics and notice as quickly as I could to head off any transaction. Regardless, of whether the OP attempts to post any authenticating "dogma" I have officially called this ad into question . . . 1stly . . .an $8k watch on ST . . . for $4k? Lightbulb! I got really into replicas in college. I even had a couple Panerai replicas custom built. I know my stuff . . . Again, the OP may not even know its fake, especially if he bought it off Beginner Triathlete (BT) classifieds LOL!
Quote Reply
Re: Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT [mjcrna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By the way, the straps are nice lol if he wants to sell those separate. . . Greg Stevens is a super custom strap maker . . . again, I am being terribly polite to the OP given the borderline knowledgable presentation of the movement and some other details, still to present it as genuine . .
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your correct. Biggest giveaway its a fake is asymmetric crown guard. Dead give away. Sorry....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your comments who ever you are, but I can assure you the watch is real and authentic and you are wrong The caseback was removed and movement inspected when I purchased the watch from a local Rolex dealer, who took the watch on trade.( the dealer who also happens to own several Panerai) Ive owned 5 Pams, and currently have three..all real. Im not into replicas like the previous poster, only the real thing. Ive been on this forum for 12-13 years or longer, I cant quite remember, and sold many bikes ,wheelsets, and whatever else, and never had or been a part of a fradulent transaction, and Im not going to start now. Some other STers mayl know who I am.

Just FYI , the watch is currently listed on Paneristi.com. as well If you know anyting about this site the moderators look at each and every ad that is posted with a fine tooth comb. Fakes and replicas can be spotted a mile away and are absolutely not tolerated. Some are flagged within minutes of posting if there is anything in question. As a member and poster on Paneristi since about 2003 , Ive attended a few "get togethers", with my 88, funny how no one seemed to question my watch???

The crown guard on my 111 and 114 is exactly the same as my 88 as you can see from the pictures below.

There is no trap intended as far as the price...only a good deal maybe for some STer

If Dan or whoever is uncomfortable with this post, no big deal, pull it. Ill get rid of the watch on TZ or paneristi.

The 88 is in the middle in all three pics

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
my words are of caution, nothing more . . . my pics are of the same watch series, a genuine PAM088, and my knowledge base is of both an owner of genuine and replica Panerai's, which I owned concurrently. I don't own any Panerai any longer. Triathlon is too expensive lol. Again, I understand you believe it to be real. I do not, and therefore offered measurable evidence to the contrary. I am not in the business of questioning the integrity of the OP, the watch only . . . and speaking of fire sales (Cervelo lol), $4500 for that watch is much more of a fire sale of an 88 in that condition, than $2000 off a SINGLE cervelo. It would easily go $6500 + on a watch forum and especially ebay. . . .

http://www.ebay.com/...Paneai+88&_rdc=1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately, it appears you're out of touch with Pams ATM.

$4,500 is just about market value +/-. Possibly a little overpriced, due to no box and papers, but that's my opinion ;)

I have no clue what you (or the other commenter) mean by asymmetric CG's, but I think that I have what you're referring to on my 61, had it on my 24 and 91 and if I my 210, 380 or 183 had them, I would assume they would be asymmetric too.

Fakes have come a long way - so much so, I fear for Panerai's future - but back when you used to own Panerai, I don't think fugazzis were as spot on. I'm therefore confused as to how you can confuse one with another.

I fail to see anything wrong with this one. Your pictures can easily pass as pictures of the same watch LDC is selling.

Carry on.

Eli Curt

Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Re: Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT [Livetotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could be wrong . . . and probably am, I apologize, and will delete my posts . . . ? I called my dealer (Manor's) and spoke to a pal, he sites the newest model 88 N series has a symmetric crown guard, the olders are asymmetric. . .
Last edited by: mjcrna: Jan 1, 12 8:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will leave this for Dan or others to correct . . . My comment was out of genuine initial interest in the purchase, then concern when compared to genuine photos, but they were as it turns out from the N series . . ..
Last edited by: mjcrna: Jan 1, 12 8:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
G made way for the advent of the decorated 177, 176, 112, et al. It could very well have been a metamorphosis year for many other models as well?

I don't know enough about the 88 either, in all honesty. It was my dad's first pam, that's about all I know. My brother's wearing a 161 ATM, but I doubt that would help at all.

All we have to go on is the seller's word (which I trust) and the examining dealer's word (which i have no reason not to trust). B&P would help...but alas.

Eli Curt

Chimps in Training!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please accept my apology, and perhaps in the end this will have helped authenticate the watch somewhat? Again, my photos were of an 88 N series . . OP's are of the G series . . . several years older . . . perhaps I'll have to buy this one to prove my "genuine" sorrow
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have no intention of deleting this thread. it's a great thread. i think it does more to draw attention to your very fine watch, and it helps that some really knowledgeable people here chimed in, helped you prove out your product, and in the end i think drew more attention to it and established its bona fides.

i wish i could afford that watch. that's precisely the style of watch that i prefer.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am interested in a barter/buy scenario...new Cervélo S3; P3.....
Quote Reply
Re: Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT [vimbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry,have to pass on the s3 or p3, thanks though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s5 or supersix?
Quote Reply
Re: Panerai 88G , Luminor GMT [vimbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
R5 or maybe evo...?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
either bike is available depending on gruppo, the evo would be my preference for barter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Several offers but still have the watch......still available
Quote Reply