Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Off-Topic: Craiglist
Quote | Reply
Is it me, or are vast majority of craigslist sellers in some kind of fantasy land?

Sellers here are almost always reasonable, often ridiculously underpriced.

eBay tends to be pretty reasonable.

I get that there's no shipping and a price premium for being able to look at the bike first. But that price premium isn't like 100%.

Edit: Is it some kind of gambit where those prices are set just in case there's a bit, and I'm supposed to offer the actual reasonable price? I don't like doing that. I feel the opening price should be at least on the high end of reasonable.
Last edited by: trail: Jun 23, 18 9:45
Quote Reply
Re: Off-Topic: Craiglist [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Welcome to craigslist https://i.imgur.com/owsljUy.png
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In my experience with Craigslist sellers are often so over priced that offering them market value is perceived as a low-ball.

Even after watching a bike I wanted languish on CL for months the seller was determined it was worth more than the exact same bike on-sale from a retailer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you think the sellers are bad, post an add for a reasonable price and see what kind of responses you get.

I try to be reasonable with my pricing and honest/accurate with my descriptions. I source out the market and generally try to sell at a lower price than anyone else. It works, because most of what I have sells in a few days (I just sold a car within hours and a spam'd inbox of emails).

No matter how low I list something, everyone wants a lower price, and some make terrible offers and try to legitimize them with "I'll pay cash!" (duh!) and "(whatever you have) isn't any good, but I'll take it off your hands for 40% of your asking price".

...for my own sanity, I just delete/block anyone like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Off-Topic: Craiglist [narcomoeba] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
narcomoeba wrote:
Welcome to craigslist https://i.imgur.com/owsljUy.png

That's hilarious. Someone should make a bicycle version.
Quote Reply