Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff
Quote | Reply
[UPDATE on july 31st: if you reserved and paid for wheels, they shipped today. note that there's a signature required. they'll come UPS. so far 25 wheels have made it out the door. we have 33 remaining. the inventory list below has been changed to reflect the wheels we have (we have 1 more more of each wheel listed, as of this writing).

Many of you have been waiting for this. Below is the first round. A few things to bear in mind. This is from New Dog, LLC, a brand co-owned by Monty and I. You're buying from New Dog. I'm posting on New Dog's (not Slowtwitch's) behalf. This is a
liquidation. New Dog is not a retailer. There are warranties that go with everything; everything is new, legitimate, authentic, but we're not Nordstrom here. This is first come, first served, we'll try to keep the list below up to date. Wheels: you don't need to buy in pairs. But you can order in pairs if you want. If you find something you want, email or PM Monty: montyman007@hotmail.com, or he's, you know, Monty, here on the forum. We're going to begin shipping a week from today. Monty and I have day jobs. So, we'll gather up the orders, box them, you pay for them, we address them, we make a run to the post office next Tuesday. We are only shipping, for now, to those inside the U.S. or to an FPO or other military PO. Here you go...

Wheels

HED Jet Black Plus, rim brake, 700c:

Rear 6: $450 + $45 freight per wheel + sales tax inside CA

HED Jet Black Plus, disc brake, 700c:

Rear 4: $350 + $45 freight per wheel + sales tax inside CA (price reduction)
Front 6: $450 + $45 freight per wheel + sales tax inside CA
Front 9: $525 + $45 freight per wheel + sales tax inside CA

HED Ardennes LT+ wheelset (front and wheel wheel as a pair), 700c:

Rim Brake: $625 + $90 freight per pair + sales tax inside CA

Water Bottles

25oz wide mouth. Boxes of 50. $175 + $50 freight + sales tax inside CA

Saddles

ISM PS 1.1 White: $125 + $10 freight + sales tax inside CA
ISM PN 2.1 Black: $95 + $10 freight + sales tax inside CA

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Jul 31, 19 11:44
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just so you guys know, we are giving our classified customers first crack at these items, 10 wheels went in the first 24 hours. At some point we are going to use our mailing list, and then it will be too late. So if you are on the fence, better tip one way or the other...

Monty
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For the purpose of clarity, the Ardennes are NOT the Ardennes black, correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RKW wrote:

regular ardennes. i rode a pair of these as my gravel wheels for quite awhile. hard to kill. stayed perfectly round and perfectly true thru a lot of gravel that was really more like MTB. they're really not tri bike wheels. they're road race wheels that're tough enough for gravel.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Jet Black rim brake wheels are all "Plus" models?
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
The Jet Black rim brake wheels are all "Plus" models?

yes. they are 25mm external, 21mm internal.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [RKW] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RKW wrote:

btw, our ardennes, both rim and disc brake, are the LT+ model, i.e., Plus (25mm external, 21mm internal, rim width)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not exactly ‘liquidation’ prices. Just saying.
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [applenutt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
applenutt wrote:
Not exactly ‘liquidation’ prices. Just saying.

on what? what is overpriced? and, can you provide the evidence that it's overpriced? because if it is i'll lower the prices.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I originally purchased a pair of the HED 4 Blacks 2 years ago to run tubeless at the Belgian Waffle Ride. If there is only one wheel I could ride/race, it would be this one or the 6. They are light enough, strong enough and fast enough for anything I do. For the rim brake version, I can't imagine there is a better braking surface than what these offer.

Also, running tubeless is the only way I ride now. I use the Hutchinson Vector 28mm. Best wheel/tire combo for these Tucson roads.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On HED’s website you can get a front and rear 60 for $936 with free shipping...maybe I am just missing something? Either way I am interested in a set of 60 rims, front and rear
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [smoore89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On HED’s website you can get a front and rear 60 for $936 with free shipping...maybe I am just missing something? Either way I am interested in a set of 60 rims, front and rear //

Are those the Black Plus ones??
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like I was looking at the jet plus NOT jet black plus...a pair of 60 jet black plus is $1680 (HED has a 20% off sale at the moment)
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [smoore89] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guess maybe it is a deal after all?? (-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
smoore89 wrote:
Looks like I was looking at the jet plus NOT jet black plus...a pair of 60 jet black plus is $1680 (HED has a 20% off sale at the moment)

when we send this off to our mailing list, all of it will be gone in 45 minutes. so, if you want these, i wouldn't wait too long. i believe we've sold about a quarter of the inventory already, since yesterday.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The ardennes LT+ rim aren't a great deal when you factor in shipping and CA tax. Good deal, but not great. Excel sports has them for $720 with free shipping and no CA tax. Biketiresdirect also has a set for $720 and free shipping.

Those jet blacks are an absolute steal though. If I didnt already have a pair (non black) I would pick them up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yikes! Please let me know when you’re willing to ship a Jet Black 6 rim brake front to Australia :)
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [bearlyfinish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bearlyfinish wrote:
The ardennes LT+ rim aren't a great deal when you factor in shipping and CA tax. Good deal, but not great. Excel sports has them for $720 with free shipping and no CA tax. Biketiresdirect also has a set for $720 and free shipping.

Those jet blacks are an absolute steal though. If I didnt already have a pair (non black) I would pick them up.

i'm not that motivated to give the ardennes away, because i love these wheels and if i end up with the set for my own use i won't be unhappy ;-) we have 4 sets of these, 1 of which is the disc brake set, the other 3 are the rim brake sets. i think we've sold 1 or 2 of the rim brake sets. both our price and excel's are way underneath what these wheels are worth.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UPDATE: we started with 58 wheels. we have 33 remaining. if you reserved and paid for wheels out of this list, they were shipped today, UPS, signature required. the list in the original post has been updated to reflect what we have left. in come cases (jet black 6 plus) we started with 12 pair, we have 2 pair remaining. it's like that with the pretty much all the wheels remaining. we have 2pr of hed jet black plus disc brake 9. when they're gone they're gone. well, they're not gone, they're just gone from our inventory.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you have any Jet black discs (rim brake)?
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Any chance you have any Jet black discs (rim brake)?

zero chance i have any wheels not listed in the inventory on the 1st post.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, you’re saying there’s a chance??
Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
So, you’re saying there’s a chance??

Quote Reply
Re: Liquidation: carbon wheels, saddles, and other stuff [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we just sold our remaining sets of jet black 6+ rim brake this morning. so, in my opinion, as regards wheels, the best deals out there, that we have are as follow:

3 sets of ardennes+ , rim brake (we sold our disc brake sets already).

we have 2 remaining jet black plus disc brake 9 rears. we have 2 matching front 9s, and 2 matching front 6s. we will not sell the rear 9s without a front, but we have both the 6 and 9 and will sell either with the rear. once those 2 rears are gone they're gone.

after these above wheelsets are gone, then it's just singles.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, so I have good news, and some other news.. Dan jumped the gun on the rim brake 6's, we have one set left. If you are thinking about these, better not wait.

And it looks like one set of the 9's disc break are gone, so one set left, and it has to be a set with either a 9 or 6 front, disc brakes.If it were me, I would get all 3 of these wheels, give yourself an extra front for those extra cross windy days..# awesome wheels for the price of one retail disc wheel..

And for you roadies with new disc brake bikes, those rear 4's are perfect, and cheaper than just about any other lesser racing wheel you could get..
Quote Reply

Prev Next