Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Jetstream aerobottle strap
Quote | Reply
I lost the strap that goes with my Jetstream aerobottle. Does anyone have one that they no longer use and feel like parting with? Or does anyone have any ideas on alternate methods of securing the bottle? The local bike shops here don't carry these in stock and if I order one online, I'll end up buying a bunch of other stuff I don't need to justify the shipping and handling of a $4 item. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Jetstream aerobottle strap [sake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it the nylon strap?

Could you pick something up form a craft store to rig? I know they sell 1" nylon strap/webbing.

Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'm thinking there has to be an easy solution to it, but the strap had that nice little "latch thingy" that allowed you to pull it tight and then close it. I can't think how to make it tight without something similar. I was thinking maybe a long velcro piece or something...If anyone has any other solutions, I'd like to hear them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sake, you can get that latch if you look around. Alternatly a nice big rubberband or a loop of 1 inch elastic will work. I used the elastic trick myself when I misplaced my strap moving. Found it in a bag of stuff later but the elastic worked fine.

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i get a couple of long zipp ties from home depot and just cut them off after i use them...pretty minimal cost. one on each side
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have same problem.

I plan to head to fabric/craft store - elastic cord sold by foot. Use a lace lock to pull ends tight after wrapping around the bottle. I expect it will be more secure than the original rubber band.
Quote Reply
Re: Jetstream aerobottle strap [trijs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the ideas.... I'm going to experiment and see which works best.
Quote Reply