Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-7970 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30!
Quote | Reply
My buddy is racing Ironman Chattanooga on 9.30 and his rear derailleur on his Di2 is shot. He needs one but since it's a gen1, the LBS can't seem to locate one. The part number is RD-7970 would be willing to buy either the rear derailleur or even the entire system if it's reasonably priced.
Last edited by: eeclipse2k2: Sep 20, 18 12:04
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-6770 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [eeclipse2k2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have one in excellent condition. It is still on one of my bikes actually, but I will sell it as I was contemplating an upgrade to Dura-Ace.

PM if you are still looking...

Roy
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-6770 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [darnellrm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-7970 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [eeclipse2k2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eeclipse2k2 wrote:
My buddy is racing Ironman Chattanooga on 9.30 and his rear derailleur on his Di2 is shot. He needs one but since it's a gen1, the LBS can't seem to locate one. The part number is RD-7970 would be willing to buy either the rear derailleur or even the entire system if it's reasonably priced.

I have a 7970 Di2 aero/tt set. Let me know if other poster option here doesn’t work out. I think you posted 6770 earlier so not sure which he replied regarding.

Shimano actually made a warranty replacement RD for the 7970 system using a newer E-TUBE RD combined with a wiring converter SM-RD79-A (looks and mounts like original D-Fly). RD is labeled 7970-A. I’ve only seen it mentioned from European forum posters so not sure on availability. The one online shop listing I’ve seen had it priced at over $500.
Last edited by: SummitAK: Sep 21, 18 0:42
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-7970 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My buddy was told the wrong part at first, he needs the 7970. So there's an online shop that he could buy the newer part from?
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-7970 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [eeclipse2k2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eeclipse2k2 wrote:
My buddy was told the wrong part at first, he needs the 7970. So there's an online shop that he could buy the newer part from?

https://hollandbikeshop.com/...ur-10s-double-black/

https://weightweenies.starbike.com/...php?f=3&t=142606
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-7970 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you still have rear derailleur 7970 ? ISO
SummitAK wrote:
eeclipse2k2 wrote:

I have a 7970 Di2 aero/tt set. Let me know if other poster option here doesn’t work out. I think you posted 6770 earlier so not sure which he replied regarding.

Shimano actually made a warranty replacement RD for the 7970 system using a newer E-TUBE RD combined with a wiring converter SM-RD79-A (looks and mounts like original D-Fly). RD is labeled 7970-A. I’ve only seen it mentioned from European forum posters so not sure on availability. The one online shop listing I’ve seen had it priced at over $500.
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-7970 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [eddie keller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eddie keller wrote:
Do you still have rear derailleur 7970 ?

Yes. I still have the full 7970DA Di2 aero set including RD, FD, aero front harness/jbox control, internal rear harness, bullhorn brake lever/shifters and extension shifters. This set was used with an aftermarket internal battery kit and charger that I will include.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I only need rear derailleur, mine tosted
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-7970 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [eddie keller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eddie keller wrote:
I only need rear derailleur, mine tosted

I understand. This and the wiring harnesses seem to be the most common failures with the first gen DA Di2. The rest of this package won't be worth anything to me if I sell just the RD.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you still have it? Interested
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-7970 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Do you still have it? Interested

Yes I still have the 7970 Di2 kit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you sell the rear d alone? Everything else of mine is still working.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: ISO Shimano Di2 Rear derailleur RD-7970 1st Gen - Racing IM Choo on 9.30! [Zippy303] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Would you sell the rear d alone? Everything else of mine is still working.

Thanks

Alone is kind of just semantics with these gen1 parts since only the RD seems to be in demand and once it is separated the rest of the kit is not worth much of anything. So for me it would depend on the offer for the RD.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup, totally get it. What parts do you have and what are you looking for them?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
Yup, totally get it. What parts do you have and what are you looking for them?

Thanks.

This is the TT/Tri kit - Brake/Shifters, Ext Shifters, TT/Tri wire harness, Internal Rear harness, FD and RD. It was only used with with the internal battery kit sold by user eapathome on eBay and doesn't have the external battery. I do have the unused external battery mount.

I would take $375 for all of it depending on shipping location.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok will PM you with my e mail for pictures.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zippy303 wrote:
ok will PM you with my e mail for pictures.

K. I'll have to get these taken tonight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply