Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ISO/WTB: Quarq Elsa 165 mm Crankarms, 3-bolt style
Quote | Reply
Hey All,
I'd like to try 165 mm crankarms but for the last few days cannot find a fast source for a retail buy. All I see on the Quarq/SRAM web page is DUB crankarms.
I have a Quarq Elsa BB30 power meter, non-hidden, 3-bolt spider. Got 172.5 mm arms on it now but am curious how it would feel to open-up that angle. I'm to call my local Quarq/SRAM dealer today to learn what they know.

So, I'm in the market... anyone have some hints, suggestions, or perhaps a crankarm set you'd think about selling? Let me know.

Appreciate,
Eric

Edit 4-22-2021: nearest dealer shows that most crankarm items show a lengthy backorder time so it doesn't appear that a retail purchase will be possible through this supply channel until June/July timeframe (TBD).

Update 6-22-2021: no new information from the local Quarq rep./dealer. No new retail search results. At this point I'll likely conclude that I'm SOL on this Quarq Elsa and will have to swap out the PM for another brand and model that makes 160 mm or 165 mm crank arms that'll fit my BB30 Felt DA.
Last edited by: skipper0802: Jun 22, 21 18:05
Quote Reply
Re: ISO/WTB: Quarq Elsa 165 mm Crankarms, 3-bolt style [skipper0802] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not 165mm but I have some rare brand new unused sram force 1 'bb30' 3 bolt 162.5mm cranks that'll be available in a month. If you have no luck in that time and potentially interested, feel free to contact. Also have some new unused Quarq Elsa logo'd 3 bolt GXP 162.5 crank arms

PS: RE: the bb30, they're obviously 'wide bb30 axle' so can be run in BSA threaded frames
Quote Reply
Re: ISO/WTB: Quarq Elsa 165 mm Crankarms, 3-bolt style [hazard_rig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Hazard,
Thanks for getting back to me. I've had no luck finding a picture of the spindle/spider interface for the Force 1. My Elsa 3-bolt spider has the "squared-off" lobes vice the "rounded" lobes. So, it would be great to see a picture before plunking money into Paypal (or your preferred method of payment) TBD. Not surprisingly, an internet search for a pic of the mounting interface hasn't produced.

In scrounging around ST for guidance/commentary regarding moving to shorter cranks, it seems the 165 mm length was the length most used, hence my initial choice. I doubt that 155/160 mm would be available.

Right, lets allow some time for others to chime-in with what they know. I'll PM you either way near the end of May.

Cheers,
Eric
Quote Reply