Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

I'm thinning the herd
Quote | Reply
Nine bikes have to go. I have no prices here, I'm open to offers. The Felts I'll sell for $500 each, the Softride as well in that range. My personal road race bikes will go for more like $900 to $1500. Let me know if you'd like one of these, I'll clean it up, take nicer pics, and email them to you. I will NOT ship these bikes. Unless you're interested in picking them up in the mountains behind L.A. (where the compound sits) don't consider them. All the bikes are complete, except the Softride which is mostly built. I've got a variety of handlebars set-ups for the tri bikes, I'd be willing to sub one for another to suit your fit needs. I'm also open to swapping out wheels (I've got many sets), and saddles, etc. For the tri bikes, I'll do the quick and dirty fit. Some of the bikes in the pics are not for sale (such as the Elite Carbon Razor). PM me. The bikes I'm selling are as follows:

ROAD

60cm Mandaric, Easton Scandium, Navy Blue, Campy Record 10sp throughout. My former everyday rider prior to my new Mandaric Davo. This bike has an internal cable routing that Mandaric makes only for me (and hates it every time he has to do it).

60cm Yaqui, orange-red, the only Yaqui road bike in existence (Yaqui is Mandaric's tri bike line). This one he built for me, and at my request branded it Yaqui. Mostly Dura Ace (9sp). I have two newer Mandaric road bikes, and I don't four additional road bikes (which is what I now have).

63cm Felt, medium blue, this bike has never been ridden, because it's a taller than any bike ever needed by anybody up at the compound. $500 and it's yours.

TRI

52cm Felt tri bike, light grey. Tiagra/105 9sp.

54cm Airborne titanium tri bike. Complete Shimano Ultegra/DA 9sp.

61cm QR TiPhoon, titanium. This one is special, my everyday tri rider, FSA's top of the line cranks, ceramic bottom bracket, this is a $7000 bike, so it's going to go for a little bit more than the others. Ultegra 9sp shift system.

59cm QR Tequilo, black, 2007 geometry, spec'd as the 07s are spec'd. Sparsely ridden. DA 10sp shift system.

56cm Cervelo P2SL, black, spec'd as a 2007. Sparsely ridden. DA 10sp shift system.

56cm Softride, red, classic beam, mostly built, missing a few parts, will make complete upon request, or buy as is.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: I'm thinning the herd [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you post some photos of the 54 cm Airborne?

-------------------------
Trek Madone 5.9SL
Felt B12 (sold)
Quote Reply
Re: I'm thinning the herd [SCOTTinNJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the airborne is next to the tequilo in the uppermost pic. but i'll take some more pics and post them.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
curses, why are you so damn tall.

Quote | Reply
pm sent on the 63cm felt.[reply][/reply][reply]
Quote Reply
Re: I'm thinning the herd [last tri in 83] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
curses, why are you so damn tall.

that's EXACTLY what i thought when i saw this post. i've hung out in his garage...there is some SWEET action in there :)

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Quote Reply
Re: I'm thinning the herd [Tribato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny thing about Slowman's garage... I don't actually want any of the bikes in there. But I do want the garage... :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: I'm thinning the herd [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh come on Khai, you know that custom baby blue carbon/scandium Mandaric road bike (Campy Record equipped?) is certainly worthy of some serious bike envy.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Last edited by: Tribato: Aug 19, 07 12:32
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pics of the Mandric roadies please. I see one hanging but only most of it.

Thanks,
Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, but it's at least 10cm too big...

I'd happily take the wheels & components though. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"you know that custom baby blue carbon/scandium Mandaric road bike (Campy Record equipped?) is certainly worthy of some serious bike envy."

i have two everyday riders, both mandarics, one's entire scandium, the other's scandium/carbon (a davo). but neither has record. i have a mandaric i'm selling that's record throughout, but the two everyday riders i'm on are chorus equipped, including that bably blue carbon/scandium thing to which you refer. i just don't see the value in record anymore, since chorus is as good as i can ever imagine needing.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another bummed shorty here....riding a 51cm tri bike. Even my 54 roadie is tiny in that garage.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you keeping that sweet little Cervelo Prodigy that doesn't even have pedals?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
61cm tiphoon,, thats perfect, im interested, get back to me with the price on that one, im 6'4'' that sounds about right for me, time to get off my hand me down trek that is WAYYY to small....Thanks
Jhunt12280@aol.com
Quote Reply
Re: I'm thinning the herd [fiddlesandbikes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Are you keeping that sweet little Cervelo Prodigy"

that one comes in handy.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, did you get my pm?

Proud Founder of the Jamis Mafia- Daring to be different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM'd you about the P2SL
Quote Reply