Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How much to sell Softride Powerwing for?
Quote | Reply
SOLD!

I looking for advice on how much to sell my bike for.

Yellow Softride Powerwing. Large size. Spinergy Rev X 700 wheels included. Good-fair shape. Scatches on frame as expected when used as a racer and trainer. Selling to upgrade to a non-beam bike.

Thanks

Matt Amman
Last edited by: chiro18: Aug 30, 06 13:38
Quote Reply
Re: How much to sell Softride Powerwing for? [chiro18] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how old is it?
Quote Reply
Re: How much to sell Softride Powerwing for? [Floating Debris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Geez, I don't recall the exact year. I'm guessing 1997. I bought it used two years ago when I first started doing tri's again. The Powerwing is the predecessor to the current Classic TT model and has the same chainstay, geometry, etc.

Hope this helps.

Matt Amman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
a bit more detail regarding components might help some as well. Obviously a Dura Ace equipped bike will sell for more than one set up with 105...drop bars...aeroo bars...what else ya got?
Quote Reply
Re: How much to sell Softride Powerwing for? [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Additonal info about the Bike

Frame: Large Yellow Softride Powerwing 700 (Forerunner to the Classic TT Model)

Wheel Set: Spinergy Rev X (700 size)

Tires: New Continental Grand Prix 4000 (Rear tire that cost me $60) ; New Specialized S-Works (Front)

Componentry: Shimano Ultegra Rear Derailler, Unknown Front Derailler, New Ultegra chain, Shimano 600 Front and Rear Brakes, DuraAce Crank, 12-23 rear cog set with 23 cog added this year, New cables and housing, Ritchey Pro 5Nm stem, Profile Design Aerobars with bull horns.

Items to be included: Selle Italia Gel Seat, Additional Softride seat attachment to beam for individuals 6'2" or taller, Cinelli racing stem, Coda stem, Aero drink system with harness attachment to aerobars and you can have the bottle, mounted black water bottle holder included.

Essentially, I had the necessary work done to make sure I could race fast in my A race, which happened to be my only race this season. I enjoy the bike, but being that this is my first bike and I've never had a traditional frame bike before, I want to try something new. I happen to 6'0" and weight 156lbs. Yea, I'm tall and light. Simply put, I bought the bike because it looks cool and has great aerodynamics. Being a chiropractor myself, the ideal person for this bike would be anybody concerned with aerodynamics and wants something softer to ride.

Matt Amman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last year I sold a small size yellow, Dura Ace Powerwing on ebay. I would have been happy with $600, but the bidding went up to $1500. It was a whole bunch of years old, but had been maintained fanatically.

--------------
Elivis needs boats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bike is now posted on Ebay for $1200.

Matt Amman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You would be better off starting low, with a high opening bid less people will get sucked into the bidding early. When people get sucked in early, they forget true value and their budget and they get competitive. It's a risk to go lower because you never know if people will bid, but it is worth it if a couple people get competitive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Age of beam will be a factor too. I changed mine out after 8 years of moderate use. The newer beams are stiffer. Consider keeping it and getting a new beam. The Softrides have lost stature since 1998 - fewer dealers due to difficulty of fit. Great bike if you have 6 months to get the fit just right.
Given the age, I would be surprised if you get over $1K.
Quote Reply