Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Heads up for this scammer: "m1nion"
Quote | Reply
I was sent a PM by someone with the username m1nion in response to my ad looking to buy a Cervelo. Poster wanted me to shoot them an email if I was still looking. I did and this poster proceeded to send me some normal looking pictures of a 2014 S5. Once I confirmed my interest and asked for more details he explained it was an S5 with DA and an SRM that he wanted $1100 for. Obviously I knew something was up so I did some searching and found the exact images and description on a bike on ebay for 3k. I'm assuming he was going to try to get a friends and family payment and never ship it.
Last edited by: OldRepublic: Aug 6, 19 16:57
Quote Reply
Re: Heads up for this scammer: "m1nion" [OldRepublic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's a lazy scammer. Multiple people have made note of him. Not sure why admins won't ban him...

Definitely a good reason to pay for everything with Paypal Goods/Services if you don't know the person on the other end of the transactions
Quote Reply
Re: Heads up for this scammer: "m1nion" [indianacyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tried the same thing with me. He sent me this email address:. mnionmnion98@gmail.com. Buyer beware
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for heads up! add to negative feedback thread so we all have easy access to this info.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep try the same thing with a gravel bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Heads up for this scammer: "m1nion" [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This person sent me the same email in regards to a HRM. I had read the scammer thread so I was wise to his ways. #fuckhim

Be Uncommon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He tried with me as well re: a Trek Madone Handlebar I am looking for. Thanks so much for posting this.
Quote Reply
Re: Heads up for this scammer: "m1nion" [titemple652] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He tried to get me for some 858s. He needs to be banned, yo

Gone with the wind

Instagram: palmtreestriathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Heads up for this scammer: "m1nion" [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same thing but with a cross bike for me.
Quote Reply