Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic; All Proceeds to go to the P3SL Charity
Quote | Reply
Come to bed and make love to me like Ace Frehley did!!!

Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic: $3,750.00

Serial Number: 90937478

This guitar was purchased new about 10-12 years ago. I had a professional fret level and set up done. It was so pretty I was afraid it would be scratched, so I put it in the closet and bought a used one. It has stayed in the closet, properly humidified. As originally manufactured, it did not have the pick guard on it, but again, I wanted to protect it. All work was done by a professional luthier.

The wood is matched an beautifully figured.

Quote Reply
Re: Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic; All Proceeds to go to the P3SL Charity [Monk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, good grief, that is sweet! How could you sell it?
Sell Tibbs bike instead! :)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic; All Proceeds to go to the P3SL Charity [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the 2nd and 3rd humbuckers catch fire like Ace's used to do? That'd be sweet.

Tony (Kiss Army, 1975 ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic; All Proceeds to go to the P3SL Charity [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vintage guitars. Love 'em. This one ought to fetch a pretty penny. I'm sitting on a Gretsch Viking, with a Bigsby tremolo system. All original and not a bit of restoring. Brian Setzer tried to buy it off me back in '87, when I lived in Norfolk. My dad bought it new at Wonderland Music in Dearborn, Michigan, back in 1967.

Tony
Quote Reply
Re: Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic; All Proceeds to go to the P3SL Charity [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wait. Not humbuckers. That's the first one. What are the other two called? I can't remember ;-) Too much loud rock and roll music over the years.

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not hijacking the thread, I promise. I think they really are humbuckers. Just called "double-coil humbuckers", I think.

What sayeth Mad Monk?

T.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clearly not, as there are but two :(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YIKES!

"Humbucker" is a term used to describe a dual coil pickup with the 2 coils wired so that they cancel, or "buck" hum.

The two coils are wired in such a way that interference (hum) is 180 degrees out of phase from one coil to the next, and is thus cancelled out.

The first pickup commonly referred to as a "humbucker" is/was the Gibson PAF pickup, as found on Les Pauls. This was a marketing effort to differentiate the Gibson pickup from the single coil pickups found on Fender and earlier Gibson guitars (Charlie Christian/P-90 types.)

Ace's flaming guitar had a fake pickup cover in the middle position that covered an asbestos lined cavity. The crew placed a pyro effect in the cavity prior to the show, and it was tripped on cue like the rest of the pyros in the show, usually burning the crap out of Ace. I had a chance to check out that guitar years ago... pretty cool idea...

MH -

professional luthier since the age of 16. Yikes! THAT'S where those years went...

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic; All Proceeds to go to the P3SL Charity [Robert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, Les Pauls are the way to go...If I remember how to read the serial number it appears to be #478 dated 9.7.93. or something like that....
Quote Reply