Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin Forerunner 735xt works but cracked screen, make offer
Quote | Reply
So I was stupid and dropped my watch on a tile floor and cracked the screen. It works fine but now whenever I look at it I am reminded that I was stupid and dropped my watch and cracked the screen. So I am thinking of selling and using it as an excuse to get a 935. The crack is not that noticeable in regular light with a black background, more noticeable if you have a white screen, and very noticeable with a white screen plus in direct sunlight (see photos). Make me an offer! Thanks.

Dark screen

Light screen

Sunlight
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 735xt works but cracked screen, make offer [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello,

If you can verify it still works in the water with the crack I would be willing to spend 75 on it.

-Clay
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 735xt works but cracked screen, make offer [claytond921] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam with it this morning and all was good, but I think I have decided to just keep it. It looks like what I can get from the 735xt would just be a drop in the bucket toward the $500 price tag of the 935, and it looks like from some of the forums, the 935 has the same problems with the barometric altimeter that I had with a 910xt. The 735xt has been problem free. But thanks for the offer!
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 735xt works but cracked screen, make offer [2wheels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2wheels wrote:
I swam with it this morning and all was good, but I think I have decided to just keep it. It looks like what I can get from the 735xt would just be a drop in the bucket toward the $500 price tag of the 935, and it looks like from some of the forums, the 935 has the same problems with the barometric altimeter that I had with a 910xt. The 735xt has been problem free. But thanks for the offer!

you might want to contact Garmin on the cost just to replace the glass. It may be reasonable($100-$150). You could also apply a glass screen protector for cheap which may actually deflect the light enough it doesn't bother you as much and further protect it.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin Forerunner 735xt works but cracked screen, make offer [BLD 25] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Excellent ideas, I will look into those, thanks!!
Quote Reply