Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS Sportscrafter Omnium trainer
Quote | Reply
Selling my Omnium because i dont use it enough. Mostly used for warm ups at road races and TTs, but probably less than a dozen times. Comes with carrier box and manual. These sell for $400, asking $200 plus shipping or meetup in NW Oregon.
Quote Reply
Re: FS Sportscrafter Omnium trainer [Schubi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've always been intrigued by these but have never ridden one.

How does the feel compare to riding a traditional fluid trainer like a Cycleops?
Quote Reply
Re: FS Sportscrafter Omnium trainer [dale3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont think you can compare those, the omnium feels like being on rollers with a fork stand, so your rear wheel moves side to side minimally, without going off the roller (I tried!). The last time I brought it to a TT race and warmed up for about 40 min on it and that went without an issue (other than you have to be a little careful to get into the saddle without rocking the bike to the side). I really like the omnium because it is smooth and does not take much space, but I have a tru-axle now, and that system wont fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Schubi wrote:
I dont think you can compare those, the omnium feels like being on rollers with a fork stand, so your rear wheel moves side to side minimally, without going off the roller (I tried!). The last time I brought it to a TT race and warmed up for about 40 min on it and that went without an issue (other than you have to be a little careful to get into the saddle without rocking the bike to the side). I really like the omnium because it is smooth and does not take much space, but I have a tru-axle now, and that system wont fit.

It is normally supplied with a set of silver adapters to suit a thru axle. If you don't have them can buy from the Feedback sports website for $12-15.
Quote Reply
Re: FS Sportscrafter Omnium trainer [tonto1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Sports Crafter Omnium is welded, so to get it upgraded I would need to replace the front end. It is a bit of sleeker (and sturdier?) design than the Feedback Omnium which uses screw-on parts, but I guess less versatile.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know this is a stretch, any chance this is still available?
Quote Reply