Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS 2011 zipp 303's
Quote | Reply
Well, after my debacle with Zipps customer service (and complaining about it on here per ST SOPM (standard operating procedures for membership)), I'm trying to get them out of my house.

Here's the story. I need some money, and I view the zipps as a luxury. Clean them up to sell and notice some weird bulging around 5 of the nipples on the front wheel. Contacted zipp, they won't help me, but they said I should replace the rim. Great. Don't want the wheels anymore, so maybe they're worth something to you all here.

Since for some reason, folks here love buying wheels separately, I'll sell them individually. If nothing else, the front is a great hub that is buttery smooth. I've included pictures of all the "bulges". I have no idea how long I was riding these things after such bulging began. Could've been a year. I hadn't ridden them much this season before noting the bulging, so I'm guessing I was on them for a while post bulge. I'm 160lbs, never did cx with them. They're about 3k miles young. Rear is great with no issues, true. These wheels were designed with a wider rim profile in 2011 for use in paris roubaix specifically; later that year firecrest was born. The rim tracks are great. Continental gator skins are on there and you'll want to replace them. The valve extenders are the best, so I leave those to you.

As you see them, with tires, glue, extenders and skewers, they weigh: 1860g --- thats pretty darn light considering they only tested 4w slower than the 404's in the wind tunnel.

Send me an offer for one or both. Pictures below

[[
Quote Reply