Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: my car! The most fun $7,500 will ever buy you (in a car)
Quote | Reply
Want a fun sports car but times are hard? This is the solution. 30mpg, 87 octane, extremely fast, extremely cheap, Toyota reliability, and I will even throw in a bike rack that fits!

2000 Toyota MR2, 91,000 miles
Mid Engined, rear wheel drive.
Weight reduced to 2000lbs
~155 horsepower
Chassis reinforced with aftermarket tubular aluminum braces front and rear, above and below
Tein SS adjustable coilovers
Lightweight wheels
Carbon fiber hard top
Long tube header
Cold air intake
all suspension bushings replaced with urethane bushings about 10k miles ago

Loud, light, fast. Many autocross victories. All the fun of a lotus elise with the gas mileage of a toyota echo! (actually a little better, same motor, less weight!)

more pics:
http://www.slip-angle.com/hosted/mr2sale/

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Last edited by: jackmott: Mar 25, 09 8:30
Quote Reply
Re: FS: my car! The most fun $7,500 will ever buy you (in a car) [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i can't believe that you have spoked wheels on the back; would be faster with discs!!

Brian Hammond
Tailwind Endurance
http://www.TailwindEndurance.com
Quote Reply
Re: FS: my car! The most fun $7,500 will ever buy you (in a car) [Hamiam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: FS: my car! The most fun $7,500 will ever buy you (in a car) [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I could buy alot of fun with $7500
Quote Reply
Re: FS: my car! The most fun $7,500 will ever buy you (in a car) [yoondaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
everything's legal in Vegas.....well it should be anyway
Quote Reply
Re: FS: my car! The most fun $7,500 will ever buy you (in a car) [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
everything's legal in Vegas.....well it should be anyway

This is a great vegas car. Unclip the top and cruise in the open air!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
53/39 or 50/34?

How tall are you?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: my car! The most fun $7,500 will ever buy you (in a car) [pilam99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm 5'11 63/64" will this fit me?

Manual? Two years ago, I would've snagged this. Good luck!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: my car! The most fun $7,500 will ever buy you (in a car) [I<3speed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PS different tuning on the echo than your car.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: my car! The most fun $7,500 will ever buy you (in a car) [I<3speed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
PS different tuning on the echo than your car.

Not substantively. Still runs on 87octane, I get in the 32mpg range in houston city driving if I drive like a normal person.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a roomy car, you will fit fine!

5 speed manual

In Reply To:
I'm 5'11 63/64" will this fit me?

Manual? Two years ago, I would've snagged this. Good luck!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool car, but I'm going to save my $7,500 for a CEO Ironman spot ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
got photos of the bike rack on it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Really, I get to be the first? Your seat is too high! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not knocking your car. it's near perfect (only things I would ask for is floor to luggage space and quieter exhaust). Everyone on here respects power to weight ratios. Having said that, you can't compare it to the echo and 32 mpg city is a pretty tall claim. Granted I haven't been to Houston, but I assume it has traffic lights and stop signs. You're upgrades won't give you an accurate mpg read on your display if that's what you're relying on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm not knocking your car. it's near perfect (only things I would ask for is floor to luggage space and quieter exhaust). Everyone on here respects power to weight ratios. Having said that, you can't compare it to the echo and 32 mpg city is a pretty tall claim. Granted I haven't been to Houston, but I assume it has traffic lights and stop signs. You're upgrades won't give you an accurate mpg read on your display if that's what you're relying on.

Um yes it will unless he has some new magical system for calculating MPG. as Long as the Tire circumfrance stays the same. The speedometer gear in the transmission will spin the same number of times it did before for the exact same number of miles. The only modification he could make that would change that is Tire size.

Grant
----------------------------------------------------
Proudly sponsored by Desoto Sports
Please Support CAF every little bit helps http://raceforareason.kintera.org/grantreuter
Quote Reply