Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike!
Quote | Reply

Up for sale is my trusty Wilier Cento Crono, in a size M. Stack/reach is 52.3/43.8, so this is definitely a "long & low" kind of frame, likely to work for something like a 5'9"-6'3" range. (I'm 6'2" and love the fit.) Plenty of adjustability left in the fork. Per below, I'm willing to sell this as a frameset or complete bike; please contact me to discuss options. You can see lots more pictures of this model (albeit with integrated seat post) here:

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/frame/2012-wilier-cento1-crono-6412.html

PRICE:
This frameset is still on sale at Competitive Cyclist (see link above) for $4500. I'm asking $1800 for the frameset (frame, fork, seatpost, and I'll throw in a Bontrager aerobottle & cage). Frameset + HED aero bars & Specialized saddle: $2100. Frameset+bars+saddle+wheels: $3500. Bike as pictured, ready to race: $4000. I'd like to sell the frame before selling individual components (e.g. bars, wheels). If the frameset sells, I'll list these items separately.

ABOUT THE BIKE/BUILD:
I got this bike a couple years back, and put 2 seasons worth of training and racing on it. I absolutely love it, and am selling only because I don't really race triathlon any more & can't justify having this much bike sitting idle in the garage. It's in great shape, and was never wrecked or otherwise damaged. A couple of minor paint blems are the only signs of wear. It's a gorgeous bike, and I've gotten more comments and compliments on it than on any other bike I've ever owned. Definitely stands out from the sea of Cervelos and Felts!

The bike currently sports a HED Jet 9 C2 front wheel, and a non-C2 Jet 9 Disc rear. (Non-C2 for improved clearance with the rear stays). Vittoria Evo Corsa CX tires with latex tubes. MAYBE 150 total miles on these wheels; they're essentially brand new and in great shape.

Otherwise, the bike is built with HED Vantage-8/Clip Lite bars and Specialized Tri Tip saddle. Shifting is Campy 10-speed, a mix of Chorus and Record. Campy 10S bar-end shifters, Campy Record cassette, brakes, and rear der., Campy Chorus front der. and cranks. Pedals not included.

Please don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Last edited by: Drew_O: Jan 29, 12 12:37
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono, HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [Drew_O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can't really tell, but I assume you're interested in selling the wheels? If so, I'm curious as to how much you'd like for the front Jet. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono, HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [James Haycraft] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd rather hold off on selling just the wheels. If someone picks up the frame alone I'll list the wheels separately. Thanks for your interest.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono, HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [Drew_O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I be interested on the bars
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [Drew_O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like that tree in the last two pix. What is the name of that tree (with the peeling bark)?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [Commando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for your valuable input. I'll contact a local arborist and get back to you with the name of that tree (latin and common) ASAP.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [Drew_O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Drew_O wrote:
Thank you for your valuable input. I'll contact a local arborist and get back to you with the name of that tree (latin and common) ASAP.

Thanks, I'm waiting... and you can have another bump...
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [Commando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks like a crepe myrtle to me.

nice bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet bike ! i have it's litter mate in a Large (wish i had gotten mine in a Medium....). Anybody wants one in a Large, let me know......

what means this word 'change'? .....
Rappstar
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [rrfr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The large one, what color is it? can you send me an email with the info and asking price jcorrea@be-prof.com thnx

Jorge
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [hols75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For what it's worth, I found the L (which I tried before settling on the M for sale here) to be way, way long in the toptube. 47cm reach is kind of crazy; I just had a look at the stack/reach archives and indeed, that's the longest reach on the list. (http://www.slowtwitch.com/stackreach.html) Some of that is a function of the very short headtube; if you build up the HT with spacers it brings the reach back a tad. But it's definitely a seriously big frame; as I said above, I'm not small at 6'2", and I found the L too large for my liking.

And, I know someone selling a medium ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Commando, the earlier poster is correct, the tree in question is a crepe myrtle. I believe this is a Lagerstroemia indica, though it could be one of the many hybrid species between that and L. faueri. I'll investigate further and let you know when my post needs another bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty trees. I guess that I never noticed the bark... do they shed during the winter?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too bad i bought a shiv I would have scooped this up. Dang.

----------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They do indeed; note the bare branches in the shadows. In summer, they have really nice and long-lived flowers, which makes them popular landscaping choices.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How would the sizing of this compare to a 56cm P2? Also, how much for everything but the wheels? I'm not able to send PMs, but feel free to contact me at fmcboom at gmail if you'd like.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [kyre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for your interest; email sent.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for incredible bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thats a sweet bike
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [RGRTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1000-view bump. I've had interest from a few folks but no firm taker yet. Reasonable offers considered...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I wasn't able to purchase however I would have no problems buying from Drew_O. He was quick to reply and gave me a lot of detailed information even after I said probably wasn't going to buy that beautiful beautiful machine. Good luck with the sale!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [kyre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any organs or body parts you might want to trade for it? :)
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [90kestrel200] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ha! No, afraid I'm all set organ-wise. It's going on eBay today, starting bid $3500. I'd take that for it from a Slowtwitcher. I'm moving soon and need to unload....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey drew,

I know its a longshot but did you ever get this bike sold? I'm in the market for a used cento crono and they are getting hard to come by.

Thanks,
Nick
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Wilier Cento Crono w/ HED bars & wheels. The John Cobb bike! [saltshaker185] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My email is njtoni2@uky.edu.

Thanks
Quote Reply