Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
SOLD: Trek Speed Concept 9 Series, Large, DI2
Quote | Reply
$4500
Trek Speed Concept 9-Series in immaculate condition. New chain, cassette, tires. Speed Fin, Speed Box, Aero Computer Mount, Aero Bottle Mount, di2 charger all included. Retail Cost: $7904

Size- Large (fits someone 5'8.5"-6'2" tall)
Components- Shimano Ultegra Di2, 11sp
Wheels- Bontrager Aeolus 7, clincher
More pics available via email

Last edited by: COBRI: May 23, 18 12:52
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Speed Concept 9 Series, Large, DI2 [COBRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump- bike only was used for 2 seasons (did not race last year)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, are you willing to sell the frameset?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Speed Concept 9 Series, Large, DI2 [JD3V] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sorry, no- not looking to part it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Price Drop- $5k

COBRI wrote:
$5200
Trek Speed Concept 9-Series in immaculate condition. New chain, cassette, tires. Speed Fin, Speed Box, Aero Computer Mount, Aero Bottle Mount, di2 charger all included. Retail Cost: $7904

Size- Large (fits someone 5'8.5"-6'2" tall)
Components- Shimano Ultegra Di2, 11sp
Wheels- Bontrager Aeolus 7, clincher
More pics available via email
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Edit- I am willing to sell the bike and wheels separate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Price Drop- $4750
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you send more pics?How much without wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Speed Concept 9 Series, Large, DI2 [ugazio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
$4k no wheels.
PM with your email for more pics
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
romatri@cfl.rr.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pics sent
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pics.What year is the bike?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good Evening!
I'm curious if this bike is still available? Ive been led in this frames direction as a great bike. Currently on a Felt AR which was my first road/tri bike. After my first season last year in Triathlon that included 2 of each of the following: 140.6's, 70.3's, Olympics, and Sprints I quickly have become a Tri addict! Time now to look for the next bike. Look forward to your response. I do have a set of race wheels so I am looking for the bike less the wheels.
Thank you so very much in advance!
Rick
rickekstein1@gmail.com
Last edited by: juslivnlif: May 6, 18 21:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is a 2015 (with only 2 seasons of racing on it). This is the current speed concept model.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Speed Concept 9 Series, Large, DI2 [juslivnlif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes its still available.

juslivnlif wrote:
Good Evening!
I'm curious if this bike is still available? Ive been led in this frames direction as a great bike. Currently on a Felt AR which was my first road/tri bike. After my first season last year in Triathlon that included 2 of each of the following: 140.6's, 70.3's, Olympics, and Sprints I quickly have become a Tri addict! Time now to look for the next bike. Look forward to your response. I do have a set of race wheels so I am looking for the bike less the wheels.
Thank you so very much in advance!
Rick
rickekstein1@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this the 9.9 or the new 9 frame? Curious why did you order this bike with Ultegra?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Speed Concept 9 Series, Large, DI2 [jchriss] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is the 9-series frame with Ultegra Di2. I have always built my bikes with ultegra as i have found that is the best price:performance shimano group, and the cost differential to dura ace not worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks I thought this bike was the 9.9, that's why I asked why did you choose to go with Ultegra makes sense on a bike like the 9. Did you buy another bike or are you done with triathlon? I have had two Speed Concepts, 2010 9.9 and 2015 9.9, both bike were worn out by three years due to the amount of riding and racing I am doing. I am looking for a replacement bike and yours caught my eye. Your asking price seems high for a 2015 9 series.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FYI- a 9.9 is a 9-series.

You must not take care of your bikes very well if they wear out in 2-3 years.

List price to build this spec via project 1 is almost $8k.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I don't think your bike is worth 4K maybe 3K without the wheels Triathlon bikes are like boats, the happiest day is when you buy it and the second happiest day is when you sell it. High end triathlon bikes just don't hold their value like a great road bike does.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree to disagree. There’s a reason the speed concept hasn’t changed in 4 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If there is a 9 in front of the decimal point, does that make it a 9 series or something else?

Can you take the ultegra off and put Sora on it?

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will agree to follow your thread and see what you finally get for the bike. There is a fine line when selling a bike, the tipping point where someone decides to purchase a new bike versus a used bike. I think most triathlon geeks will fork out good money for a new bike when the value proposition isn't there. A good bike store customer would have purchased your bike for $7500.00, plus tax etc, depreciation 40 percent right out the door, wear and tear subtract another 10 percent light wear and tear, and no wheels subtract $700 plus. I know you don't agree with me but your bikes fair value based on your stated condition is $3350.00 max by my calculations. I have enjoyed our conversation and I hope you get what you are looking for!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not really sure why you are following as it seems like you have alternate motives and/or are just trying to lowball me. My price is right in line with the other speed concepts currently listed, especially given its condition. If someone wishes to buy brand new for $7500 thats great... or save $3k and buy more than excellent condition.

Good luck in your efforts of finding a bike of this level for that price.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Trek Speed Concept 9 Series, Large, DI2 [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes- you can put sora or any other group on. It is di2 or standard mechanical compatible.
Quote Reply

Prev Next