Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Sony BDP-S5000 ES Blu-Ray player TOP OF THE LINE
Quote | Reply
OK..... So here it is.

I walk into the stereo shop and find a handful of Sony 5000 ES Blu-ray players. These are B-stock from Sony. (Refurbished to new condition by Sony). This was Sony's top of the line Blu-Ray player with a $1999.00 retail price.

Normally, when I see a killer deal.... I buy them all and ebay the rest, hey- I'm a self employed business man.... so the mentality doesn't stop when I leave work!

This time, I refrained..... but, decided I would pass along the news to Slowtwitcher's.

Deal is.... if you want one, paypal me and I'll pick it up for you and ship it to you. I am marking theses up a bit to make a little cash and make it worth my time.......Fair enough. I am going to pay cash for the unit and include the receipt so you get the manufacturer warranty from Sony. If you know stereo gear, you shouldn't even have to think about this.

Price is $350 shipped

If you want to do some research..... here is a link. I bought one for myself and it is a sweet unit. Boot up time from power on to disc loading is only 10 seconds. Great for a Blu-Ray player.

http://store.sony.com/...e8-6bfa-0000148f0d65
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Sony BDP-S5000 ES Blu-Ray player TOP OF THE LINE [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How much would it be if you ship this to the Netherlands? very interested!

Kind regards,

Ulli
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Sony BDP-S5000 ES Blu-Ray player TOP OF THE LINE [Ulli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alot. $160 because this thing is HEAVY!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Sony BDP-S5000 ES Blu-Ray player TOP OF THE LINE [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so 510 USD....
I am still very interested, but would it be ok if i do the paypal transfer between 02nd-20th of November?
btw these are 120 Volt, Zone A players?

Gr.

Ulli
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
UH..... I don't know what zone A means ..... It works in the United States, that's all I know. :)

Standard U.S. power plug. I thought that was 110 volts.... but, I dunno.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its ok,
Zone A is the region for the United States and Japan I believe,
I live in Zone B so i should either modify it or buy Blurays from the US, no problem.
Yes i meant 110 volt, no problem either as i can use a voltage transformer overhere.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Btw I got a quote from a US ebay seller who has the BDP-s5000es player in stock,
He asks more for the player but his shipping quote is lower:

"$123.91 shipped via FedEx Express International"

Do you think you cando something about the shipping costs?

kind regards,
Ulli
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
5yr warranty on B-stock?
PayPal OK?
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Sony BDP-S5000 ES Blu-Ray player TOP OF THE LINE [Speedplay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, paypal is ok. But. add the 3% paypal fee.

When I was buying mine at the register, they didn't give me an answer.... I think because they didn't know. I know there is a warranty, I just don't know if it is different on A-stock from B-stock. On mine, there is nothing that destinguishes it as B-stock. Unless they track serial numbers, I don't see how Sony would ever know the difference.

Let me know if you want one and I will grab one before they are gone. I am including the reciept with it, so whatever the warranty it is... is what you get! I will pay cash too, so there will not be an issue with my credit card on your reciept.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I looked at a 29 lb. box shipping USPS. FedEx is better anyway, I didn't look because I thought they would be more.

Whatever Fed Ex will charge is fine. I'm not planning on making money on shipping, whatever it is, it is. SO, add $123.91 for the shipping. Remember to add 3% to the paypal payment. Otherwise, paypal will take the 3% out of the $123.91 and I won't have enough to pay Fed Ex!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok I will let you know when i am about to do the Paypal transfer (& 3% ok)
at that you can confirm if there is still stock.
talk to you soon and thanks,

Ulli
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought 5 of them today. I have them on hand.

Send the payment and I will ship Monday.

Anyone else who wants one, let me know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can only do the transfer later next week, i will contact you again as soon as i am ready to do the paypal transfer.

Ulli
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok.
And....... Bump!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump because it is Thursday.

I have 4 left right now, on hand. I have a couple people interested as I posted them on Ebay. These will be gone in a week or less.

$425 on Ebay, $350 shipped for Slowtwitchers. Add 3% paypal fee.
Last edited by: jharris: Nov 3, 11 7:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have decided to let this one go, as i can buy a Sony BDP-S1E for half the price, probably not as good but it saves me from modiying the S5000ES into 220 volt and zone B. Too bad, because those 5000es players look really impressive.

gr.

Ulli
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess you need to move to the United States! J/K

I'm a little disappointed that you said you wanted it....... I got one for you...... and then you changed your mind. But, no biggie- life moves on.

Good luck with the other unit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am sorry if you are stuck with it, ik realise i was actually sure about wanting one, but unexpectedly saw the bdp-s1e here. I haven't bought it yet, this saturday i will have a look at it and decide then. I hope you can sell all units.
Thanks again,

Ulli
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will sell them, or return them. I will not be stuck with them. No big deal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take one. Please send me your email for PayPal. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Sony BDP-S5000 ES Blu-Ray player TOP OF THE LINE [gnewton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rock on. I sent you a PM.

4 left now.... who else wants one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sent, thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone else want a Blu-Ray player?

A great deal. I should mention that this player will up convert a standard DVD to display HD quality.

You can't beat this deal!

I have 3 left!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just searching the internet and found this post. Last post was in November 2011. Do you still have any of these units available?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Sony BDP-S5000 ES Blu-Ray player TOP OF THE LINE [kmckee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope.

Sorry.
Quote Reply