Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Renn Disk, 700c, tubular - SOLD
Quote | Reply
The original Renn Disk, 700c, tubular. Purchased in 2002. Only used in races. Has about 350 miles. No stickers.

Full disclosure: This wheel was damaged in a crash. The carbon is still excellent and was not affected. Only minor abrasions from normal use and travel. One side of the aluminum rim was affected. Basically I did a Joseba Beloki sidewise slide on a flat road at about 20mph. The tire peeled off the rim and the wheel slid down the road on the drive side. The result was about 3/4's of the drive side rim has scrape marks on the upper/outer edge (NOT on the braking surface). I was able to put the tire back on and finish the remaining 45 miles of the 1/2IM I was racing with no problems. Since then I contacted Renn and they told me the rim thickness was suitable so that I could just lightly sand out the scratches. 30 minutes of hand sanding later, the rim is almost perfect. The damage is now only cosmetic and minor at that. The braking surface is fully intact. Functionally the wheel is 100%. I have since raced the wheel another 100 miles without any problems.

I am not selling the wheel because it is damaged. I just want to spend the $ on other things.

I can email photos (and you'll be shocked how minor the damage really is).

No skewer, no cassette, no tire.

$280.00 includes shipping in the continental U.S.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Last edited by: Justin in OK: Jul 1, 05 6:38
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Renn Disk, 700c, tubular [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta be honest, that price is a little much for a used Renn. I bought one on here not too long ago for $220 with a conti sprinter (practically new). You might want to cut the price a little, especially considering you were in a crash, that always hurts the value, even if it rides perfect.

- Nick
Now that I know some of you guys look through the special needs bags for kicks, I'm gonna put some really weird stuff in mine. I can see it now. "What the heck was he going to do with a family pack of KFC chicken, a football helmet full of peanut butter, a 12 inch rubber dildo, and naked pictures of Bea Arthur?"
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Renn Disk, 700c, tubular [stallion1031] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You got a great deal! Consider yourself lucky...

It's a great wheel. If no one wants it, I'll keep it and keep racing on it. :)

Jeez, it's only been for sale for 12 hours...

Cool races:
- Redman
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Renn Disk, 700c, tubular [Justin in OK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forgot to mention the hub is Shimano compatible.

Cool races:
- Redman
Quote Reply