Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop
Quote | Reply
If you're looking for a front wheel that is not round and will vibrate your front end, then this is the wheel you need.

Originally purchased from MyBikeShop, this has been a great wheel for making sure your water bottle shakes continuously so you never need to worry about your Gu powder settling to the bottom. Really works well because your bike is shaking all the time.

But don't worry, this wheel comes with the same guarantee as if you bought it directly from MyBikeShop:

30-days to discover that the wheel is defective and then no response to resolve the problem.

Here's a short video where you can see how out of round this wheel is:

Make me an offer and you'll have your very own elliptical wheel for your training rides and races - I guarantee you'll love it as much as I do right now!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [Goobdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crazy, at first I thought from your description it was a balancing issue. But that wheel is just not round. A spoked wheel would be an easy fix.

Good luck. Interested in seeing how this resolves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you pay with a credit card? If so dispute the charge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What was the description of the wheel in the original ad?

“Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.” - Lance Armstrong
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could try calling the phone number on their website. I have spoken with him numerous times and have had great dealings with him.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s.gentz wrote:
You could try calling the phone number on their website. I have spoken with him numerous times and have had great dealings with him.

He was easy to reach before the sale and impossible after the sale. I've offered to buy other wheels from him in place of these as a reasonable resolution but I've been repeatedly ignored.

If you can reach him, let him know my patience has worn thin and my postings have just begun.

I'll be reasonable, he may have missed my calls, emails, messages etc. but this front wheel just will not work for me and something needs to be done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
s.gentz wrote:

I've had a similar experience in that Brian was easy to reach and communicate with both before and after a number of transactions I have done with him; including a wheel swap. I personally would gladly do business with him again as a buyer or a seller.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
$25 paypal work???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hed 3s are pretty notorious for being a little out of round and true. What do the hed numbers say? Was it an A grade wheel?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you checked it in a truing stand and not just sitting in your fork? These types of wheels and the hubs themselves are notorious for being finicky and everything having to be perfectly right in order fo them to roll very true (true by eye and relativey true by stand stand). Not sure if its possible on your model as I cant see it clear enough, but I have had issues with some of these wheels not running right due to the end caps/covers not sitting right.

I doubt he sold you a bad wheel, unless isuess were disclosed up front. It doesnt make sense that he wouldnt respond. Also keep in mind that hop in the wheel could have come from shipping as well, and not been there before Brian sent them. Wa the packing sufficient, and the box intact with no damage when it arrived? In your video you said you werent able to get them on a smooth road to find out immediately after purchase....what type of time frame are we talking about?

You have kind of played a BIG card here, and then added that you've just only started. It is pretty obvious you're mad, but if every attempted contact has been angry and accusing that may be what is preventing you from getting your desired result, especially if the issue was discovered quite a bit after the initial purchase. With your post you don't give him much reason to work out a solution with you. You've done the damage already, and made the threat of doing more, that might not be the bet way to work towards your desired solution. Maybe try recontacting him and being coordial and laying blame elsewhere if you havent tried that already. Awknowledge that there could have been a damage during shipping issue or anything else and that you just want to work things out amicably.

----------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by: wiRIDEfast: Aug 14, 15 6:15
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1. These type of posts make me angry... He bought the wheel in April and even posted this back then:

"I did not notice it at all until I hit certain roads but I cannot really say with certainty whether it was the road or the wheel. The roads here are so chopped up in places I felt like I needed my fat tire bike just to get through them. "

So it was fine until it was rode on horrible roads... Could it have been possible that yhe crappy road helped shake it out of true...

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [andy515] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed. I hadnt done any research prior to my response. looks like he is looking for a 120+day grace period.

Brian is a pretty nice guy, I dont see him not working something out with the buyer, but once someone has gone and attempted to sully his name and reputation...i dont know. Why should he go above and beyond/out of his way? I saw an original post was made about the hop a while back, but it would be interesting to know when the original purchase date was. Brian also responded to the buyer in the forum as well as asking him to contact him via email and indicated that he had made numerous contact attempts.

I dont think we are getting all of the story here, and we are certainly missing key facts as to original date of purchase and dates of contact.

I never recommend making numerous negative posts or reviews while trying to work towards a mutually amicable result. Multiple negative post or reviews from the same person/same situation make the complainer look a bit unreliable. The extremes often go ignored unless being read for comedic value. Most programming involved with online reviews actually are written to exclude the extremes much like an outlier for a data set.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian was great to deal with before, during, and after-probably more to the story but I would have no hesitation to dropping another 6K with him if the situation was right...my 2 cents...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same here with a positive experience with Brian. I just bought my 5th set of wheels from him and I know if there is an issue when I get them he would fix it. I only buy wheels from him or people I know locally for piece of mind. Unlike most of us who are just selling things here and there this is his business and thus he has a vested interest in making sure he sells a quality product so I find the claims hard to grasp.

In any event I hope it all works out...

Andy Mullen
Team Zoot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think someone is upset because they hit a pothole or a crack in the road, and now the wheel is messed up.

I would ignore you too.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [alexwright009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought some Sram s900 bar end levers from Brian last winter. He claimed they were beat up but usable, got them for a $40. When the package arrived, I noticed they were Sram s500 shifters. I reached out to him, and he was incredibly apologetic. He said he had another bike that he was pulling the shifters off of to sell to me. I rode around on the s500s for a few days, and decided to go a different direction with my build, so told him I wouldn't need the s900s after all. I asked him where to return the s500 shifters. Not only did he refund my money, but he told me to keep the shifters for all the trouble (which there wasnt any). Brian's a stand up guy and wouldn't hesitate to do business with him again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didn't wanna be the first to say!

alexwright009 wrote:
I think someone is upset because they hit a pothole or a crack in the road, and now the wheel is messed up.

I would ignore you too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alexwright009 wrote:

I would ignore you too.

I agree with this.

Would this guy plaster ST with your name if he bought a set of USED wheels from you, then decided 4 months later that they had a hop in them?

I bought a bike from Brian and he seemed like a great guy. I never had a problem getting a hold of him and nearly had to take him up on the 30 day refund due to a personal situation. He was fully prepared to refund my money if I decided to send it back, but in the end I didn't have to. I can almost guarantee that if this wheel hop problem had been within 30 days, there wouldn't be any issues here.

I sold a set of wheels from my new bike, less then 50 miles on them, and the first thing the guy did was flip his bike over and check how true they were. Its not hard to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brian may be awesome...in all respects... but if the OP is telling the truth, the least Brian could do is respond to the Emails/phone calls.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [Donzo98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Donzo98 wrote:
Brian may be awesome...in all respects... but if the OP is telling the truth, the least Brian could do is respond to the Emails/phone calls.

Apparently he has as quoted from his FS thread

mybikeshop wrote:
Hey... I have tried to contact you several times, and there are even posts above to note that I did. As before, we stand behind our items and if the wheel is bad, then we would be happy to discuss. I have tried to reach out and never heard back. I believe it would be better to just email me direct which is noted in all my posts and at the top of the thread. email is brichards@mybikeshop.com

I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or his season is over and he no longer needs the "rental." Could also be he decided he wants a different type of wheels.

s.gentz wrote:
I didn't wanna be the first to say!

alexwright009 wrote:

I would ignore you too.

Quote Reply
Re: FS: Not Round Front Wheel from MyBikeShop [coyote39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coyote39 wrote:
$25 paypal work???

$26 paypal work???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad for wheels that are 25+ years old.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dont think this thread is turning out like the OP wants.

And I'll offer up $30 shipped to Canuckistan.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What he said. Sucks that you have a banged up wheel, but spreading negatives about the dealer definitely is not going to encourage him to work with you. You never know why responses might be delayed. I, for one, turn the phone/email off on vacation, so if anyone tries to get me they will be waiting. I have not dealt with MyBikeShop, but the reputation on ST seems to be pretty solid. Every (not many) negative posted is usually rebutted with an abundance of positive replies.

wiRIDEfast wrote:
Have you checked it in a truing stand and not just sitting in your fork? These types of wheels and the hubs themselves are notorious for being finicky and everything having to be perfectly right in order fo them to roll very true (true by eye and relativey true by stand stand). Not sure if its possible on your model as I cant see it clear enough, but I have had issues with some of these wheels not running right due to the end caps/covers not sitting right.

I doubt he sold you a bad wheel, unless isuess were disclosed up front. It doesnt make sense that he wouldnt respond. Also keep in mind that hop in the wheel could have come from shipping as well, and not been there before Brian sent them. Wa the packing sufficient, and the box intact with no damage when it arrived? In your video you said you werent able to get them on a smooth road to find out immediately after purchase....what type of time frame are we talking about?

You have kind of played a BIG card here, and then added that you've just only started. It is pretty obvious you're mad, but if every attempted contact has been angry and accusing that may be what is preventing you from getting your desired result, especially if the issue was discovered quite a bit after the initial purchase. With your post you don't give him much reason to work out a solution with you. You've done the damage already, and made the threat of doing more, that might not be the bet way to work towards your desired solution. Maybe try recontacting him and being coordial and laying blame elsewhere if you havent tried that already. Awknowledge that there could have been a damage during shipping issue or anything else and that you just want to work things out amicably.

Human Person
Quote Reply

Prev Next