Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: Cervelo P3C - 2008 54cm
Quote | Reply
Everything is still stock:
Details: 54cm Frame, 175 FSA cranks, stock "e" brakes, Dura-ace deraileurs, Profile Design bars / T2+ extensions, Ritchey stem, Serfas TRI seat, Mavic Aksium wheels. Pedals and rear bottle cages (shown) not included.

Seat post was (dealer) cut to fit me at 5'10" but is still adjustable. Steerer is not cut.

PICS: http://www.beachdonkey.com/CGG/P3C/

Never dropped, never crashed, normal wear for a 3 month period (no real scratches or anything). Bought new under 6 months ago for just under $4K, little miles on it, I think $3400 is fair? Includes UPS ground shipping within U.S.
Last edited by: 26ontherivet: Sep 10, 09 6:42
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Cervelo P3C - 2008 54cm [26ontherivet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hump de bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

That's a beautiful bike and I am looking for a P3.

I'm currently riding a 51cm P2 and I'm wondering how much difference a 54cm bike would be.
I'm 5'9". Could you tell me your height? Also, if you know, where exactly is the 3 cm difference in the frame?

Thanks for your time.

Chris
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Cervelo P3C - 2008 54cm [chris_mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Chris..
Honestly I'm not positive, but I believe the top tube and seat tube is where most the differences are..? I'm 5'10", and as I was being fit for the bike I was informed my legs are shorter than normal and my arms are longer than normal. Who knew I was such a conglomeration of mis-matching body parts..!

I didn't choose this bike, the shop did based on my fit results - I just went in and said "I need a new race bike", this frame design fit me best based on my sizes, ability, and flexibility (and frame-material choice).

Anyway - You should probably head into your local shop to see if a 54cm P3C is for you. My guess is it will be fine for a 5'9" frame considering all the adjustments possible, but you'd want to be sure before you spend your hard earned $$$$. Let me know.. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Dave,

I'll do some homework on my end and see what I can find out.
Hopefully I can find a shop with a 54 and give it a try.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Cervelo P3C - 2008 54cm [chris_mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI - I'm 5'8.5" ... normal proportions - I went from a 2004 51 P3 alu to a 2009 54 P3. It fits perfectly and confirms that the 51 was a size too small.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Cervelo P3C - 2008 54cm [TomNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Tom,

Hmm..that's interesting and sounds promising. This afternoon at work I copied the frame specs off Cervelo's website.
Not a whole lotta difference between a 51 and a 54. I'm going to measure my bike, I may be riding a 54, who knows!
Maybe I'd be ok with a 54.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump(er cars)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I didn't choose this bike, the shop did based on my fit results - I just went in and said "I need a new race bike", this frame design fit me best based on my sizes, ability, and flexibility (and frame-material choice).

Do you think you got "sold" at all? At the time, the P3C was THE premier bike, also one of the MOST expensive. At the end of the day, a shop has to turn a profit, so why not sell a $3,300 P3C frame compared to a $2,000 P2 frame? Not that this has anything to do with you selling it, but just making a point. Shoppers have to be educated, otherwise their going to get screwed, whether its buying a car, bike, or whatever.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Cervelo P3C - 2008 54cm [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Do you think you got "sold" at all? At the time, the P3C was THE premier bike, also one of the MOST expensive. At the end of the day, a shop has to turn a profit, so why not sell a $3,300 P3C frame compared to a $2,000 P2 frame? Not that this has anything to do with you selling it, but just making a point. Shoppers have to be educated, otherwise their going to get screwed, whether its buying a car, bike, or whatever.[/reply]
I did consider the P2 - However I didn't think the price difference was worth losing the rear wheel cutout and general frame / tube-shape differences. Plus it doesn't get quite as low in the front - The P3C is a much faster frame in the tunnel. I guess you could say "we" chose this bike for me - They told me what I was capable of riding given my specs and flexibility, then I chose between a couple frame options on what I thought was the best / would produce the best results for the money.

At the time / as is now, the P4 was / is the premier TT frame choice, I bought this bike this past April as a leftover from 2008.. (I rarely buy new) ..Hence the $4K price vs. nearly $5K(+).

It proved to be the correct choice - I posted the second fastest bike split at the one race I was focused on this year with this bike, missing 1st overall by 4 seconds. (!!)

Thanks for the heads up..! :)
Last edited by: 26ontherivet: Sep 15, 09 7:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FWIW - I am 5'9" and ride a 54 P3C. When I was looking, I tried a 51 and it just didn't feel right. This was confirmed on a computrainer at the shop. I also ride a 54 road bike. The bike is a rocket.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering if this bike is still available? What is the frame color(s)? Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Cervelo P3C - 2008 54cm [stoutt08] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I PM'd you again - Yes, still available, and it's the standard red / black / charcoal P3 / CSC color scheme. All stock, complete bike w/o pedals.
Quote Reply