Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by TH3_FRB
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Jun 13, 22 7:40
Re: FS: Bontrager Aeolus Elite 35 TLR disc wheels [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Price drop - $550 plus shipping from 23455. That's 50% off retail for essentially new carbon tubeless wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a shit offer from Pros Closet - you match it and they are yours. $475 plus shipping.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been looking for some carbon wheels for my Trek Checkpoint which has Shimano. Would your wheels work?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Bontrager Aeolus Elite 35 TLR disc wheels [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe so, with a little bit of work - as long as you need disc wheels with 12X100mm and 12X142mm thru axles. These wheels have the newer XD-R freehub on the rear for SRAM 12pd cassettes. Trek also sells these wheels with a standard Shimano/SRAM 10/11spd freehub so you should be able to swap it over easily. I'm guessing the new freehub body is about $50 based on doing something similar to a different set of wheels recently. I actually posted a question about this yesterday when someone else inquired but it doesn't have any responses.

BarbBikeTechie wrote:
I've been looking for some carbon wheels for my Trek Checkpoint which has Shimano. Would your wheels work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'll look into it today. Also see the inner rim is 19.5 mm. Need to see what max tire capability is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sent you a pm wondering if came through. It looks like switching the freebody would be about $100 if I can get the correct one Plus $60 in labor. Add that with shipping to my zip (97213) is getting up there. Do have any photos. I can pm you my e-mail.
Barb
Quote Reply
Re: FS: Bontrager Aeolus Elite 35 TLR disc wheels [BarbBikeTechie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not seeing any messages.

It's a very simple process and should only take about 5min to swap. It's simple enough to do yourself if you are at all mechanically inclined.
Quote Reply