Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: 54cm Chinese Cervelo S5 Copy
Quote | Reply
Pretty much says it all. This is the one that is REALLY close to just being a direct copy. Definitely not the same mold, but someone went to a lot of trouble to get it close.

Known differences are:

1. Rear derailleur cable exits the chainstay in a different spot
2. Head tube is wider in general, especially at the bottom where there is a 1-1/2" bearing instead of 1-1/8"
3. Seatpost is quite wide at the mount point. Like 1/2" or so.

This is a matte finish frame with no graphics whatsoever. Not a fan of the Cervelo paint job on a knock-off frame.

This is a nimble, sharp handling bike. Extremely comfortable, but with excellent road feel. I paid $600 through ebay. Thinking $500 for Frame/Fork/Seatpost would be an excellent deal, and much faster shipping.

Unfortunately, due to my ridiculous proportions (5'10" tall, but with 36.5" inseam), the seatpost is extended too far. I have tried to get a longer post, but failed. It is 350mm, and I would need at least 400mm if not longer. Willing to consider a trade for a 56, but even that may not be enough, and the head tube on the 54cm is already plenty for me.

Pictures on the google+:
https://plus.google.com/.../5900893690362342449
Last edited by: chicanery: Jul 15, 13 15:55
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 54cm Chinese Cervelo S5 Copy [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was carbonzone the seller? I can't PM yet, but would love to talk to you about your experience. Email is lukesackett @ gmail . Com. Also....holy crap on the derailleur. Maybe another link should be put in there?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 54cm Chinese Cervelo S5 Copy [lukesackett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, it came from carbonzone. Good sellers.

I keep my chains short specifically to keep myself from cross-chaining in an idiotic way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BB type, TT length?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 54cm Chinese Cervelo S5 Copy [jordo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a BBright shell with an adapter to FSA 24mm shaft. Fits shimano and FSA stuff. Geometry is the same as Cervelo's. It's just short of 55cm.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you sell the whole bike less the wheels.
PM to discuss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how about the weight compared to the real cervelo?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 54cm Chinese Cervelo S5 Copy [mathblais] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dunno exactly, I never weighed it. I will see if I can find a semi-accurate weight on the alibaba site.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
chicanery wrote:
Dunno exactly, I never weighed it. I will see if I can find a semi-accurate weight on the alibaba site.

I honestly wouldn't trust the weight on their site very much...my FM098 came in around 150g heavier than advertised.

Assuming the bike is still built up you could just weight the full bike? Someone who's a better weight weenie than I could probably subtract the difference of a lot of the components.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 54cm Chinese Cervelo S5 Copy [jordo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting bike... I've been riding a Foil clone myself, and these china copies certainly attract a lot of attention wherever you ride them. People especially like the all black finish. Good luck with your sale.

But on that chain length, you might really want to consider putting on an extra link or two. If anything, less chain tension is actually less of a drag (increases drive-chain resistance), and might actually improve your rear shifting. In small-small, the rear derailleur pulleys should be near parallel to the ground, and just not touching the chain (can be fine adjusted with the rear derailleur B screw).

Re: FS: 54cm Chinese Cervelo S5 Copy [chewgl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The point of the short chain is to prevent myself from going big-big.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
But when you inevitably do, you could bend/break your rear derailleur hanger. Being in big-big isn't so bad if there's enough chain slop to reduce the effects of cross chaining, and you could alert yourself to cross chaining by other means (such as a fine front derailleur adjustment). If reducing drivetrain wear was your original intent behind preventing yourself from cross-chaining, reduced chain tension will also help.

Re: FS: 54cm Chinese Cervelo S5 Copy [chewgl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks mate, but I wasn't asking for wrenching advice. I do things the way I do for my own reasons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Since I can't really look at the specs on Cervelo's website and Carbonzone has many different bikes listed that sort of resemble yours, do you have the frame specs? Or can you give me a link to the listing on ebay?

Quote | Reply
Quote Reply