Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

FS: 2018 Helium SLX Small (54cm) frameset new in box!
Quote | Reply
For sale: brand new 2018 Helium SLX Small 54cm frameset in HSLX01EM colorway (Red/ Black pictured) new in box. Straight outta' Paal-Beringen not like others available to US market made start to finish in Asia!

Don't believe any 2018 models have been available in US other than on special order through a dealer. No current dealers have this MY, color, or size available in Small 54cm. Spec available on Ridley website. Redesigned from the Helium SL to accommodate at least 28mm tires.

MSRP $3,400/ sell for $3,000 OBO

Located in SoCal

PM for photos out of boxđź‘Ť
Last edited by: elvivero: Jun 5, 18 16:48
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2018 Helium SLX Small (54cm) frameset new in box! [elvivero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amazing frame! Too bad it's not my size
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2018 Helium SLX Small (54cm) frameset new in box! [TKO15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darn!

It is an amazing frame: super light climbing bike that is a true all rounder demonstrated by the variety of wins by Lotto Soudal.

It really is their "go to bike." They had designed the Fenix SL to be their classics bike for the heavier guys a few years back (as the lighter guys still stuck with the Helium SL) but since they opened up the frame and fork to accept wider tires and changed the fork to a straight blade from a fork with rake, I haven't seen the Fenix SL ridden at all by Lotto Soudal or even WB-Veranclassic-Aqua Protect. The straight fork helped sure up the handling under braking on descents and provides better power transfer in out of saddle efforts.

Have you checked the Ridley sizing charts or frame geometry? Ridleys have an "intermediate headtube length" almost like that of an Endurance category bike like a Specialized Roubaix, Trek Domane, or even a Trek Emonda H2. It stiffens up the front end and reduces the need for spacers.

I'm 5'11" and use a small with a 130mm stem and I get a perfect aggressive aero position even with the saddle maxed out forward on the rails with one 5mm spacer under the stem. Chart recommends Small for up to 180cm for "Professional" fit. More upright "Recreational" fit would be a Medium.

Check it out: https://ridleybikes-ridley2.netdna-ssl.com/...ng-chart_280x200.pdf

Other tech info: https://www.ridley-bikes.com/technical-information/
Last edited by: elvivero: May 5, 18 14:26
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2018 Helium SLX Small (54cm) frameset new in box! [elvivero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Asking price revised: OBO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Somehow I missed this when it was posted in May. I have an SL, by far my favorite frame. Been wanting an SLX...but alas, I don't have $3k. :(
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2018 Helium SLX Small (54cm) frameset new in box! [kram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel free to PM me with an offer, but yes I'm trying to get as close to $3000 as possible as it's brand spanking new and only been taken out of the frame box be examined and have photos taken.
Quote Reply