Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: FS: 2010/11 Shiv (Nosecone). Size L. Make offer. Tell a story. [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is very cool, Jordan! Any chance you will be doing something similar with your race wheels? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2010/11 Shiv (Nosecone). Size L. Make offer. Tell a story. [quakertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quakertri wrote:
This is very cool, Jordan! Any chance you will be doing something similar with your race wheels? Thanks!

I'll certainly consider it. The thing with a bike (as compared to race wheels) is that a bike is something you NEED. Race wheels are, by definition, a luxury. But for someone on a beater road bike, a real tri bike is a massive upgrade. Even the best race wheels pale in comparison to the upgrade to a tri frame from something pretty beater or (in the case of some "applicants") no bike at all...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2010/11 Shiv (Nosecone). Size L. Make offer. Tell a story. [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very good points!! I'm a little ashamed I didn't consider that myself.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2010/11 Shiv (Nosecone). Size L. Make offer. Tell a story. [quakertri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rappstar bro do you know how many chicks I could get with this bike PRICELESS. Joking aside always good to see a person trying to help out there fellow man/woman.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2010/11 Shiv (Nosecone). Size L. Make offer. Tell a story. [matto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Rappstar!

So I wanted to send a secondary thank you from the UC San Diego tri team...the transition really was put to work, and I can tell that the receiver of that bike is nothing but smiles! After reading some other posts, I felt compelled to make for an attempt at claiming the honor of riding your SHIV. I am sure I can make a reasonable offer, but first I wanted to tell you a little about myself. I am a born again athlete...after a broken leg in the peak of my running career in high school I could never really post similar 5k/10k times, so I had to switch to middle distance track. But my cross training/strength trainer/physical therapy was all about aquajogging, and then I got into swimming. I am also from Thousand Oaks, and despite the large cycling community in Westlake/TO I had never really gotten onto a bike until 2010 (two years into college at UC San Diego), where I purchased a 2005 specialized transition from a graduating collegiate athlete on our tri team for a joke of a deal. Boy was I stoked! I still have that bike, as it is my only bike, and it has definitely seen better days. It looks pretty good with race wheels and clip on aerobars...but I feel that my 40k time could be a tad faster with a fluid/well built bike (shooting for sub 60min 40k ultimately!) Few more minutes to drop and i'm almost there....It could be said that I am riding it until its last breath of life, all the while replacing/maintaining it to the best of my ability. I love the sport of triathlon, after my first race in san diego at Fiesta Island I was hooked! I have had such an awesome experience training and racing with the team this year, and having just got into grad school I am beyond stoked to stay another two. But first things first, school, managing my money (IE not spending 3k on a time trial bike), and at the end of the day avoiding injury and having fun. So with every chance you have to offer your bike to someone special, I can only hope that I am considered to be that someone special, and to make my triathlon experience/career THAT much more invigorating. Plus being able to race on a bike that one of my favorite athletes competed on....priceless.

Thanks!
Jon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I may be too late for this post, but I just came across this thread and wanted to share my story with you. I started doing triathlons in the Spring of 2010 and was living in Illinois at the current moment. I went out and bought my first tri bike to compete in triathlons, and did so without the approval of my wife. At the time we both had jobs so I knew it wouldn't make that big of a bind for us......well my wife is a school teacher and at the end of that year she was being cut due to budget cuts. I was working as the Wellness and Fitness Coordinator at the local YMCA so we were limited to 1 income. With that I raced in the Quad Cities Triathlon that summer and qualified for the ITU Sprint Distance World Championships and faced the uphill battle of raising enough money to be able to go to Budapest. Through some fundraising efforts I was able to go to the World Championships and had a blast doing it. My wife eventually found a job working at Early Headstart for children ages 6 months to 2 years old. In the Spring of 2011, I took another job in Iowa where I had grown up and my wife left her job in hopes of finding a job in Iowa. Well once again she could not find a job, I however was working so we moved into my parents basement to be able to afford living day to day. Then came September 2011 when I was let go from my job so neither of us were employed which was a huge strain on us. Then came the end of October when my wife found out she was pregnant with our first child! So as you can see the last couple years has been a roller coaster for us and due to constraints with money I am only able to do 2 triathlons this summer and don't have the money to be able to get any maintenance done on my bike for the upcoming season. I can only dream of riding a machine like this and to be able to have a chance to get this close I am willing to throw out my story. Also, with my frame of being 6'1" and 180 lbs, this bike would fit me very well. Like I said if I am too late that is perfectly fine, but I figured I would give it a try.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2010/11 Shiv (Nosecone). Size L. Make offer. Tell a story. [smittri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mike,

We'll add you in.

LAST ONE. No more. Sorry...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So who got the Shiv?
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2010/11 Shiv (Nosecone). Size L. Make offer. Tell a story. [dexterbase] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have a read over at Jordan's website...great story of a deserving recipient.
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2010/11 Shiv (Nosecone). Size L. Make offer. Tell a story. [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will do. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: FS: 2010/11 Shiv (Nosecone). Size L. Make offer. Tell a story. [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got done reading it. Way, way cool.

Great example to set Mr. Rapp.
Quote Reply

Prev Next