Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo S5 w/ Etap sz 56 (2nd Gen)
Quote | Reply

This is a second generation Cervelo S5 in a size 56. Roughly a 2015 model year, if I remember correctly. I got this right when the new gen S5 was introduced, because it looked sick. Over the years, this bike has never disappointed me. The only thing that has made me sad has been my fitness.

It came to me as an Ultegra S5, and after two seasons I swapped on the SRAM Etap. It has worked flawlessly since I've owned it. Also comes with SRAM Red Aerolink brakes, which function adequately. Stock Cervelo aero handlebar (which on a 56 is 42cm width), blips that I've never figured out where best to put, and an incuded Barfly mount because mounting anything on that handlebar without that is a major PITA.

Now, nitty gritty. The saddle will NOT come with the bike unless you agree to give me your dog and it's cute. It has taken me years to find my favorite saddle, so you're not getting it lightly. I'll include either Shiamano (Ultegra) or Look (Keo classic) pedals in the sale if you want.

The bike has been very well maintained (almost entirely by me, which you can view either as a plus or a minus), and has a few cosmetic scratches in normal spots. Behind the seatpost in the rear wheel cutout, and I ran too wide of a tire/wheel combo once so there's a little rub on the chainstay. The bike is in very good shape overall.

$2600

WHEELS: The price mentioned above is with standard Mavic Cosmic training wheels. Just ho-hum alloy wheels. Keep that in mind!

With HED Jet 60/90 BLACK wheels (not pictured, in good shape, front fairing has a minor crack or two at spoke holes because a bike shop hung it from the wheels...annoying. But functionally these are fine): +$650

With PICTURED Zipp 404/808 firecrest wheels (these are early Firecrests, front hub recall has been completed): +$750

More photos w/ higher res here

Will ship on you, but won't charge you an arm and a leg. Will be straight up cost. I'll pack it, and I'm the best bike packer you've probably never encountered.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5 w/ Etap sz 56 (2nd Gen) [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the widest tire width you have used? Which tire? What saddle is not included in the sale?

Habitual line stepper.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5 w/ Etap sz 56 (2nd Gen) [zeusrun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The saddle pictured.

HED Jet Black + 700x25 GP4000 seemed to be on the wide side iirc. But Contis are generally a little variable in addition to being a little wide. These Corsa Speeds are 25 and have plenty of room on the Zipps, a little less on the HEDs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you sell without any wheels?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5 w/ Etap sz 56 (2nd Gen) [used2B-sub3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure, but I don't value the Mavic Cosmics very highly. PM me
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump. this is a solid deal. if it's not solid, make me an offer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How tall are you?

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo S5 w/ Etap sz 56 (2nd Gen) [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'11
Quote Reply