Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X
Quote | Reply

Tired of constantly getting beaten by stronger riders? Always wondering what people mean by low yaw? Have more money than watts? Well here's your answer. Hours and hours have been spent painstakingly skimming Slowtwitch threads, looking at wind tunnel results, and following ERO social media pages in order to build the fastest bike possible. It doesn't have fancy electronic shifting or pulley wheels as big as the espresso saucers you use before your ride but that's because this bike was meant to be fast, not bougie. (It is bad though.) But it doesn't have integrated bento boxes either, you say? Who cares! Everyone knows that starvation is the key to getting aero. Plus you'll be moving so fast you won't even be out there long enough to eat!

Value stopping quickly? Like brakes that are easy to adjust? Well then you probably should get some real damn excitement in your life and buy this bike. You haven't feared for your life until you've ridden this bad boy down a hill with carbon rims in the rain. If that doesn't make you value life, nothing will. #AeroOverEverything You'll also save a ton of money by skipping out on all those dumb Yoga classes everyone is telling you to take. Having to adjust this rear brake in between wheel changes will teach you all the patience and meditation that can be known. It might as well come with a damn Buddhist Monk robe. Plus with this being a former Garmin-Sharp bike, it's got more street cred than you could ever imagine, although not enough to let you get by with wearing a pro team replica kit. #JustSayNo

But for real, you would be VERY hard pressed to build a bike this fast for this price. I built this up for TT and stage racing this past season but we're balls deep in the renovation of a house (dumb, don't do it) and its quickly eating all my free time plus I think I've come to the conclusion I like piecing together rad bikes. There are some signs of use and wear, but nothing major or concerning; a few marks on the frame, a little shoe rub on the crank, and some clearcoat peeling on the brake levers are the biggest things. The fork is cut for 5mm of spacers above and below the stem so it's a pretty aggressive fit. You can run a 3T Brezza riser kit ont eh Ventus aerobars if you need more arm pad stack.

Build is as follows:
2009 Cervelo P4
-51cm
-Arundel Aero Bottle (UCI legal)
Cockpit:
-3T Ventus II LTD integrated bar/stem
-Dash Tri.7 saddle (used, black, blue logo, red rails)
Groupset:
-SRAM Force CX1 Rear Derailleur (new)
-SRAM SL-1190 R2C shifters (new, includes front and rear)
-SRAM Force 11-32 Cassette (new)
-SRAM Xsync 50t 1x ring (new)
-SRAM Red 22 chain (new)
-SRAM S-990 brake levers (used)
-TriRig Omega X front brake (used)
-Shimano CX70 crank -170mm, 110bcd (used)
Wheels:
-Zipp 808 Firecrest Carbon Clincher Front (black logo, used, in excellent shape)
-Zipp Super9 Carbon Clincher Rear (black logo, used, no brake track wear but two small dings thanks to TSA)
-Continental SuperSonic 23c front tire with latex tube
-Specialized Sworks Turbo Cotton 24c rear tire with latex tube
-Zipp Evo Platinum brake pads
-ViewSpeed S4 skewers
Extras:

-Front derailleur mount

-Arundel Chrono aero bottle and cage

-P4 OEM bottle but no cage (new)

Asking $2750 for everything; $2250 less the disc; $1650 with no wheels; buyer covers PP fees

Last edited by: kyle h: Jun 29, 18 4:19
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Well put together bike. Your care for the bike shows.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [kyle h] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judging by the looks of your Limestone Foundation you're working on a pretty old house.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha yeah my wife and I bought a turn of the century house here in Pittsburgh that turned into a project of basically stripping it down to the studs and redoing everything. Bad idea for a first house but a great test of your marriage lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump, bump, bump.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kyle h wrote:
Plus with this being a former Garmin-Sharp bike, it's got more street cred than you could ever imagine, although not enough to let you get by with wearing a pro team replica kit.

Dan Martin's old bike? https://www.ebay.com/...rksid=p2047675.l2557
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope, not sure who this one was ridden by.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any interest in parting out? Please email me at millerlite80@hotmail.com. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [millerlite80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be very interested in the bike without the bars or wheels. Would you consider that? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Amazing bike but I'm only interested in the front Omega X brake. Let me know if you're willing to sell it separately.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be interested in the wheels alone if that is an option let me know, thanks! nicolasparlee@gmail.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Still really not interested in parting this out just yet. I would sell for $1650 shipped for everything less wheels. If that sells I will post the wheels up for sale.

Kyle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Having just built up an almost identical P4, I can attest to how good of a deal this is.

Someone buy the dude’s bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
kyle h wrote:
Plus with this being a former Garmin-Sharp bike, it's got more street cred than you could ever imagine, although not enough to let you get by with wearing a pro team replica kit.

Dan Martin's old bike? https://www.ebay.com/...rksid=p2047675.l2557

That is a 54cm this one is 51cm
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [RBR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RBR wrote:
That is a 54cm this one is 51cm

Not sure why you believe that. The ebay ad says 51cm several times, and even in the title.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I know I am pushing my luck here, but would you consider selling without the wheels or the bars?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [millerlite80] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If sell without wheels but not without the bars, sorry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Totally random question here: how tall are you? I'm asking because I'm 5'10 but looking for a smaller frame size than the 54 I ride now. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [alaska848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m 5-9, I like long walks on the beach and puppies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very interested in this. How bad is the rear brake? I remember they upgraded it to be quite a bit better on the 2011 Evo version? Is there an upgrade kit that can be bought?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P4 - 51cm - Force 1x, 808/Super9, Ventus II LTD, TriRig Omega X [MTM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a hard thing to quantify, most of my experience with it has been during WU/CD for TTs vs using it in a Tri. There is a topic in the forum and one member is making adapters to fit a regular rear brake on the P4. That’s honestly what I would do and others have reported good results from that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Googling revealed an old thread here on ST that says the brake upgrade would fit older P4's. Will also look at the brake adapter thread.

It think we can work a deal out, it's definitely a fair price. I know TriowaCPA is interested in the wheels and I might be wiling to just take it without the wheel - could it be split up like that?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this bike still for sale. Please PM me. I am interested it purchasing. I tried to PM you, but I think I screwed it up somehow. Can also text if that is easier at 91zero 5zero63 area code is 239. Thanks!
Quote Reply