Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by SirLagAlot
Last edited by: SirLagAlot: Sep 5, 13 16:01
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [SirLagAlot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
more sturdier? stay in school
BTW - I'm a more broke than you med student. Welcome to the club
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
btmoney wrote:
more sturdier? stay in school
BTW - I'm a more broke than you med student. Welcome to the club

Come now; there are high schoolers who could walk all over you in multiple disciplines.

If you have something to sell him, sell it.
Last edited by: FlacVest: Sep 4, 13 20:11
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [FlacVest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey now, we're not talking about me! Ha
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [SirLagAlot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump for broke College dude here too. Hope you find something

Professional Triathlete and Professional Orchestral Musician. Bikes, Bass, Beer.
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [btmoney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It seems like you are a grammar police -- but you made a mistake
Here let me correct your sentence a bit --

BTW - I'm a* more broke than you med student. Welcome to the club
*using -a- is irrelevant, unless you support your statement with a noun.

OR..

BTW - I'm a more broke person* than you med student. Welcome to the club
*if you use -a- which refer to -someone- for the first time. then you must support your statement using a noun.

Sorry I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth -- but hey, dont be such an @ss.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember a local radio station positioned a guy at the end of an off ramp wearing a tuxedo while carrying a sign that said, "Need Money - Late on boat payment." It was pretty funny, kind of like this thread. I was a grad student who worked to pay my way through school and I have to say that you do not sound broke if you can afford to pay for triathlon race fees or a carbon race wheel, regardless how cheap. Let me know when you've slept in your car and showered at the Y or school gym. If you're on a budget, that's one thing. Please do not say you are broke.

If you find any grammatical errors, save yourself some time; I dont care about cats climbing up trees or that five times five is twenty five!
Last edited by: teamsmith: Sep 5, 13 11:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a used HED H3 for sale, 700C, mint. Reasonable price, even for a semi-broke college student. PM me if interested.
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [teamsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the essay. Must have taken you some time to write and edit things out.
I never say I was planning to race tri or IM or buying the newest version of carbon wheels did I?
If you're well off -- why are you here buying/selling second hand gears?

'If you find any grammatical errors, save yourself some time; I dont care about' your edits.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I never say I was planning to race"

i never said i was planning to race

"
why are you here buying/selling second hand gears?"

alright. now i understand. english is not your first language. i apologize.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SirLagAlot wrote:

OR..

*if you use -a- which refer to -someone- for the first time. then you must support your statement using a noun.

Sorry I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth -- but hey, dont be such an @ss.

"I'm a 'more-broke-than-you' med student" makes sense to me.
Anyway. This thread is hilarious. Carry on. There's nothing wrong with buying a specialized trispoke. I've seen those on RACycles before, along with a lot of retro wheels that you can't find anywhere else.

I tweet!

Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol good catch and yeah i speak other languages.

@TallTris - i PMed ya.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that you are broke.

Maybe you can use some of your student loan money to buy the wheels?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by masa757 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mother in law is an English teacher. I get so irritated when she criticizes others grammer yet, she completely understands the point being made. I think the real idiots are the ones who understand the meaning however, they insist on pointing out your mistakes. Probably just an effort to elevate their ego. TBH, there is some really retarded English rules.

"WHEW...I really regret that workout!"..............Noone
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [COJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"My mother in law is an English teacher. I get so irritated when she criticizes others grammer yet, she completely understands the point being made."

i am certain you placed the comma in the wrong place. and it's grammar, not grammer. grammer is your mother's mother.

"
there is some really retarded English rules."

there are some...

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SirLagAlot wrote:

OR..

If you're going to correct grammar, you should be sure of your ground.

The "a" you refer to as irrelevant, is actually referring to the noun student. The "More broke than you med (medical)" are descriptors. The basic sentence would be "I'm a student", and thus, the "a" is necessary.

You do not refer to an uncountable group reference (police) using a singular reference. You do not say "I called a police".

So your first sentence "It seems like you are a grammar police" should either be "the grammar police" or "a grammar police officer" indicating a single unit of the police.

Carry on with the trispoke purchase.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [teamsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teamsmith wrote:
I remember a local radio station positioned a guy at the end of an off ramp wearing a tuxedo while carrying a sign that said, "Need Money - Late on boat payment." It was pretty funny, kind of like this thread. I was a grad student who worked to pay my way through school and I have to say that you do not sound broke if you can afford to pay for triathlon race fees or a carbon race wheel, regardless how cheap. Let me know when you've slept in your car and showered at the Y or school gym. If you're on a budget, that's one thing. Please do not say you are broke.

If you find any grammatical errors, save yourself some time; I dont care about cats climbing up trees or that five times five is twenty five!
For a month, at a new job at a technical institute where I had just taken on a teaching job, I had no money for the first while so I slept in my vehicle at night in the parkade and ate my meals in the cafeteria. Used the gym to have showers in and brush my teeth. Managed to get an apartment after a month. Oh, and I didn't consider myself broke, just not flush.

BC Don
Pain is temporary, not giving it your all lasts all Winter.
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slowman is having fun with this tread!
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [7718] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tread?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
tread?

Beat me to it.

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [7718] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
7718 wrote:

may not have been intended, but it was a good pun.

I too get a kick out of these "I'm broke" threads. To me, its like asking for a handout. I'm not old, but the way I was raised it just is not right to do. I've been broke. I paid my own tuition and room and board and all other things for both my first and second degree. I worked crap jobs and made minimum wage for years all through college. I didn't have the time nor the money to spend on gear, travel, or races. If you're in college, you are supposed to be broke. If you're not, you're really not experiencing the true and full college experience. Its great to save a buck, but I think its worth more to keep your dignity and not ask for a handout. If you can't afford something, you can't afford it, plain and simple.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't see where he specified how he is broken. Are we sure a new wheelset will fix him?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE [wiRIDEfast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wiRIDEfast wrote:
7718 wrote:

may not have been intended, but it was a good pun.

I too get a kick out of these "I'm broke" threads. To me, its like asking for a handout. I'm not old, but the way I was raised it just is not right to do. I've been broke. I paid my own tuition and room and board and all other things for both my first and second degree. I worked crap jobs and made minimum wage for years all through college. I didn't have the time nor the money to spend on gear, travel, or races. If you're in college, you are supposed to be broke. If you're not, you're really not experiencing the true and full college experience. Its great to save a buck, but I think its worth more to keep your dignity and not ask for a handout. If you can't afford something, you can't afford it, plain and simple.

+1.

I remember borrowing a pair of break pads at one point from a friend's spare bike because I didn't have the money to buy a new pair. One time I flatted in an NRC race and was given a spare wheel from the pit. Problem was it was a 10 speed wheel and I was running 9 speed on my 6 year old bike. I had two workable gears. Hell, I raced the national championships on a friend's bike that year because mine was slowly biting the dust!

Driving to races, sleeping in your van and having energy bars for dinner and breakfast. Taking a greyhound 24 hours across the country to race in the national championships two days later. That's the way it is. That's college, man.

God, I hated college...
Quote Reply
Re: BROKE COLLEGE KID - WTB: FRONT SPECIALIZED TRISPOKE (with free english and life lessons) [SirLagAlot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of old spealized tri spoke wheels hanging in my garage been there unused for a number of years, will sell for $500 shipping extra, they come with tires and a cassette.
Quote Reply

Prev Next