Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

1973 Schwinn Paramount
Quote | Reply
Pristine Vintage 1973 Schwinn Paramount
SN: H73351 -- manufactured in August 1973. This bike has is in amazing condition Campagnolo Nuovo Record groupset. Perfect condition except for a small chip in the inside chain stay. It was slightly modified from the original version. Bosses for waters bottles were added, and routing for the brake track along the top tube. The paint was redone, and the logos are circa early 80s. Likely done by the Schwinn factory a long time ago (I wouldn't have known those modifications were even done if some Schwinn Paramount experts hadn't let me know.)

I inherited this bike from my father-in-law with the condition that I sell it and put the money in the kids college account.
Size is24", which is probably equivalent to a modern 60cm frame. My father-in-law was 6'1".

Ask me any questions you want, and I will try to answer. I included a lot of picture, since this bike was made before I was born, and can provide full resolution photos if desired. (I have more photos too, and would be happy to send them all)

Asking $1300.

Last edited by: cptrigeek: Aug 23, 15 20:30
Quote Reply
Re: 1973 Schwinn Paramount [cptrigeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent on this a couple days ago, no response yet? Do you still have the bike? I'm interested if it fits. I'm about 6'1", but that frame looks pretty big.
Quote Reply
Re: 1973 Schwinn Paramount [bluto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluto wrote:
PM sent on this a couple days ago, no response yet? Do you still have the bike? I'm interested if it fits. I'm about 6'1", but that frame looks pretty big.

I purchased a new Paramount frame from the Yellow Jersey in 1973 and moved the Campy components from a Raleigh Professional onto it at that time. The Raleigh was squirrely heck on the brick descents of Ithaca while one could ride the Paramount hands off pretty much anywhere.....really a fabulous riding bike. I'm 6'1" and my frame is a 24". I've actually still got the frame but it's not pristine like this one.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: 1973 Schwinn Paramount [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did a bit of research and I think this frame is too big for me. It's a 24, which is basically a 61cm. I could ride it, but it would be stretch. The OP sent me some additional pics and information on the bike and it looks really nice. Someone should scoop this thing up. I'm going to keep looking, definitely have the itch for an old paramount.
Quote Reply
Re: 1973 Schwinn Paramount [cptrigeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bumping this back up to the top.
Quote Reply