Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

**SOLD**
Quote | Reply
**SOLD**

I've had this for Fox front fork sitting in my basement for a couple of years now and it's time for it to find a home. It's new and never been ridden but the steerer tube was cut because the fork came on a bike. It's a Fox 32 F120R and all that means is the fork is air sprung with 120mm travel. The steerer tube is 260mm and the bike was an extra large so it should fit most bikes. The catch is this fork is for a 26" wheel bike and it takes a standard skewer but it is disc brake compatible. Asking $100 shipped.
Last edited by: motriguy: Apr 6, 12 5:22
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra folks - Fox Racing 32 F120R Fork [motriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll take it if it accepts disc brakes? What's the weight on this fork? Just curious

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra folks - Fox Racing 32 F120R Fork [elevario] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The fork is disc brake compatible but not sure on the weight. - Brad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll take it if it's still available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Is the fork still available? If so can you please confirm that the steerer is definitely 260mm long and whether it's IS or post mount for the brake? Would you be able to post this to Cyprus? If so could you check and let me know the cheapest possible postage cost? Fingers crossed ;)
Many thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi again,

I wish you'd added contact information to your profile as I want to buy this for your asking price and you don't seem to be answering posts. Alternatively if it's already been sold please update your post, as it's really frustrating to be chasing something that's no longer available. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra folks - Fox Racing 32 F120R Fork [LegalAlien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No offense but you registered yesterday for Slowtwitch so that's why you can't contact me. And you asked me to ship it out of the US so those are two red flags. Sorry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I particularly joined this forum to contact you about the fork you are selling, which I found while searching Google. I am the one offering to pay you for something, so what does it matter where it's being sent if I am paying beforehand? Actually the risk would be totally mine, as I would be paying you before you did anything. So no apology necessary -- well maybe a small one for ignoring my post ;(

Unbelievably, the steerer snapped on my Fox F120 RLC. I cannot spend $800 on a new fork right now, so I've been glued to eBay for the past two weeks trying to find a used one. Unfortunately with no luck as my bike (a BMC FourStroke 01) needs a 235mm steerer and none of the used ones I found are that long. I then turned to Google and found your post, which is why I contacted you.

I am offering to pay your $100 asking price plus the postage to Cyprus, which is probably around $45. I can pay you via the PayPal 'send money' option if you wish, so as I said, any risk would then be entirely mine to bear.

For me, I can then use my existing RLC damper cartridge in your fork and I will be up and running again with the exact same fork -- pretty much brand new according to your post -- for around $145. Now that's a really good deal for me and you get your asking price.

What part of any of this concerns you?

Thanks,

Tony
---
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please motriguy, is there nothing we can do to make this work?

My forkless BMC has been like this for two weeks now and you're selling the perfect solution. Begging is new to me, but I'll even go there if it helps!

Forkless in Cyprus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the interest but the fork has been sold to 'randial' - Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I joined this 'international' forum to respond to your classified ad, where you advertised something for sale. I registered to tell you that I wanted to buy your fork and you responded as though I had done something wrong. While you may obviously sell to whomever you choose, you don't get to imply that I did something wrong with all this red flag talk. This isn't the marines!

I know this has now been sold, but your response was rude and I wanted to get this off my chest.

Thank you!
Quote Reply
Re: Xterra folks - Fox Racing 32 F120R Fork [LegalAlien] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rule #5 at the top of the forum says "...the classified forum is for members of the Slowtwitch community. You may not advertise here until you've posted more than 25 times in various Slowtwitch forums; and those posts have to have been written over a period of at least 30 days; such posts made as part of a good faith effort to enter into and be part of the Slowtwitch community." This specifically refers to sellers but I take it to apply to buyers as well. Put yourself in my shoes. If you had two people offering to purchase an item would you chose to sell to buyer A who has been a member of the forum for a couple of years or buyer B who registers and bids on an item the same day?

And if you were a member of this forum you would also be familiar with this post:
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3831432;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;

There was a lot of discussion on this forum about how to avoid this situation and the general consensus was to sell to people who you know or who have received some good feedback here on St.
http://forum.slowtwitch.com/gforum.cgi?do=post_view_flat;post=3770895;page=1;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;mh=25;
Of which I am listed. So feel free to vent all you want and thanks for your whiney posts, it actually gave my classifieds a bump and you helped me sell my fork.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vic,

Strange that you missed this, but I wasn't advertising anything. I was offering to buy something that you were advertising. I think you'd be pushed to find a forum that requires a determined number of posts from new members before they are allowed to buy anything.

As to that other post you referred me to, I'm from San Diego, not the Phillipines. I'm in Cyprus for the next 8 months for work. I also offered to pay you by whatever method you wished so you wouldn't have any issues.

Whiney posts? Your fork listing got bumped because of my attempts to negate your concerns. So, feel free to spray testosterone all over my posts if that works for you. How many of your little red flags is that now?
Quote Reply