Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

**SOLD** 42mm aero wheels - clincher
Quote | Reply
Wheels are SOLD

I've got a pair of aero section, alloy, 16/20 spoke clincher wheels for sale.
They originally came on a Giant TT bike, but I de-stickered them and raced them for July & August of last year.

They are 42mm deep, don't weigh much more than a set regular alloy clinchers, and are a great aero - introductory wheel.
I didn't think I'd notice any aero benefits using deeper wheels, but I'm a converted cynic. At speeds of anything over 20 or so, I noticed that my bike felt like it was rolling more smoothly, and that it wasn't quite as hard as it usually was to hold speed or accelerate.
However, the world isn't a perfect place, and most of my racing this next year will be in a velodrome, and these won't work...

Anyone want a lightly used pair of aero wheels, that will hold up through most anything?
I took them in to my sponsor's shop, and they got trued, checked for any brake-track issues, and are ready to go.

If you are looking for a way to try out aero wheels and see if they are for you - the aerodynamic properties of these wheels is just as good as a non hed/zipp carbon rim. The only difference is that you'll pay a couple of hundred for the set instead of 800.

$300 for the pair + actual shipping.

Seriously - these wheels are 100% identical in aeroness to carbon wheels.
Worried that the cross-winds will toss you around? Not on these - the rims aren't tall enough to be a problem.
Worried that your SO will be all upset that you are buying expensive wheels? Not on these - you'll be paying cents on the dollar.
Worried that you'll loose time to the guys on the standard 40mm carbon rims? Not on these - you'll have an additional 2mm of rim to keep you spinning along.

**Updates:**
They are Shimano compatible, I've run both 9s & 10s on them.
Actual weights as of this morning are F/R = 845 / 1133 with rim strips.

Rim strips & Skewers are included.
If you'd like to include a 9s cassette, I can add one of those in for $10.
If you are looking for a 10s cassette, I can throw in a used cassette for 40 or so.
Last edited by: hidayanra: Feb 6, 11 8:09
Quote Reply
Re: 42mm aero wheels - clincher [hidayanra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm interested are they still available?
Quote Reply
Re: 42mm aero wheels - clincher [jlpdap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes - they are still available.
Quote Reply
Re: 42mm aero wheels - clincher [hidayanra] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM sent
Quote Reply
Re: 42mm aero wheels - clincher [jlpdap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PM replied to