Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

***SOLD*** Cervelo P3 58cm 3 months old!
Quote | Reply
What’s the golden rule on ST? Who cares how fast the bike is if it doesn’t fit you right. Well, I’m evidence of that. What’s the last bike someone with long legs and a short torso should go and get? You guessed it, a Cervelo P3. Do you know how much drop I can create with a saddle height at 830mm and the bars slammed? If riding a bike inverted on traffic free roads were my thing then we’d be in business. Bought brand new in April of this year (sadly, not in the Cervelo supersale) I have a 2011 P3 Ultegra for sale. It was my tri comeback bike but I’ve gotta move to something where I don’t have to have spacers and raised armrests to fit on unfortunately.
The skinny: ridden 2x per week on the trainer and 1x outside (~40 mile ride) since april, so roughly 500 miles outdoors 24 hours on the trainer. It’s been in 1 race, a sprint distance and now I’m getting into my Oly leg of the season and just need a better fitting bike.
What’s included: 58cm 2011 Cervelo P3 frameset, DA shifters, Vision cockpit (270 j bend extensions and 10mm 25mm and 40mm arm pad risers), Vision crab claw brake levers, ultegra fd/rd, fsa gossamer crank, cassette, chain, shimano r500 wheels (with virtually NO miles, been on my zipps since getting the bike), and an upgrade, TRP 950sl white carbon brake calipers that are 1 month old. I had the option of getting the 2012 or 2011 P3 and the ’11 is much more well equipped from a component standpoint so I went with that one, that’s why it’s still the same price as the 2012 now retail. Note, the saddle in the pics is not included, the bike will come without a saddle. And what the hell, I'll include the carbon bottle cage that matches her in the pics. Note, the zipps in the pics are not included.
Things of note: it’s a white bike, and I had some tire rub on the chainstays for 5 seconds after not seating my wheel properly so there is a little black scuff there, I’ve captured in the pics, but it’s not something you’d even see if it was any other color. That’s it! The bike has never been wrecked, dropped or even spoken to in a harsh tone, it’s in great shape.
shipped to the ConUS and you’re ready to rock.
Happy to answer any questions you've got, shoot me a pm.

If you're gonna do something tonight that you'll regret in the morning...sleep late.
Last edited by: teambeer: Jul 21, 12 12:35
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 58cm 3 months old! [teambeer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's your Saturday morning post ride bump. You got passed today because your equipment is inferior, think about that.

PRICE DROP! $2550 shipped CONUS!

The Jackmott special can be yours.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How tall are you? I ride a S works Transition XL which I think is a tid bit to short in the top tube for me. Any idea on the comparison between the two bikes? You can also contact me at hagenst27@gmail.com

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 58cm 3 months old! [hagenst] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I actually used to ride an 09 XL transition sworks and really liked the reach of that bike for me, but I'm long legged short torso'd so that makes sense. I'm 6'2" and went with the 58 to gt a little more stack out of the P3, I have ridden a 56 Cervelo before as well.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

If you're gonna do something tonight that you'll regret in the morning...sleep late.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's too bad man the P3 is crazy slippery.

What's so odd is that it appears the Transition pic in your profile appears to have even more drop than the P3. If it's a reach thing maybe try a shorter stem and some adjustable cockpit extension/pads?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 58cm 3 months old! [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah This bike has an 80mm stem and 40mm pad risers as well as some spacers :) I'm as high and tight as I could make it.

the top tube on the specialized takes a good turn downward so it always appears that there is a TON of seat post.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a bummer. Hopefully you still have the Transition. If I were to ever own another carbon frame that's the only one I still have a hankerin' for.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 58cm 3 months old! [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before you part ways with a great bike try a adjustable riser stem. I had a similar problem and refuse to run more than 20mm of spacers. I bought an adjustable riser 120mm long and fiddled with the position and finally settled on a 35^ angle on the stem. It looks kind a dorky but it now fits well and feel comfortable for 2 hours.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 58cm 3 months old! [johnniecakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do appreciate the advice, truly, and if I wasn't such a gear whore I'd try it but I'm already on to my next bike :) Once I decided to sell I didn't want to keep riding it and run the risk of doing something dumb on her.

I've actually already got the whole thing bubble wrapped and boxed up, if we can find a big guy that wants a fast bike it'll ship the next day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Little bumpitty bump for the sunday night crowd...$2400 shipped is the new price.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bump for a great bike at great price...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday bump, hopefully the last one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PM sent

Dan Meehan
Coach / Athlete
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P3 58cm 3 months old! [Granpa Chook] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike Sold

Quote Reply