Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by dudemanppl
Last edited by: dudemanppl: Nov 28, 17 14:56
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like that guy is trying to sell it to My Bike Shop. I'd contact them to cancel that transaction too. If you have his info then contact the local police to file a report. You know his name and address.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had a nice call with the My Bike Shop folks, they have not been in contact with Garry.

Few more screenshots:

Someone else also got in contact with him.

Here is my side of the conversation:

Last edited by: dudemanppl: Nov 17, 17 14:16
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [dudemanppl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [unitedathletica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was my post and i shimano group i was selling was a tale off pirchase from jcooley on a speed concept 3 weeks ago
But that for attacks

You stop responding to me when requested to return on my dime, had to get paypal involved i offered the same solution again and you refused paypal escalated and sent me a refund.

Trek madon 6 series project 1 size 56 frame set 900$ Yellow and black

Trek emonda SL6 large viper red and black
1500 for the frame set or $1900 built with ultegra 11s

Hed jet flame rouge disc and 9 pair 10s
Can be upgraded to 11s. $1050
For the pair

Zipp disc clincher with Aluminium brake strip 10s $550

Sram etap road group new in box $1300
Sram etap tt / tri up grade kit with sram tt990 brake levers 1300

Trek Speed concept Gen 2 L 7.0 crystal white $1800 store demo mint condition
( can offer it with the 7.5 cockpit ) + $200

Trek speed concept 7.5 gen 2 large ultegra 11s 6800 build $2400 willing to part out
Black red grey and white

Trek speed concept 7.5 gen 2 medium ultegra 11s 6800 build $2400 willing to part out

Trek speed concept 7.5 gen 2 peoject 1 medium sram red wifli r2c build with cobb 160mm crank
Grey pink and blue

Trek speed concept 9 series gen 2 peoject 1 medium Frame set uci legal version green black and white
2600 ( store demo mint condition )

Trek speed concept 9 series gen 2 medium Frame set black grey and white built with ultegra 6870 11s di2
Team raced bike in great condition
$3600

Zipp 404 firecrest tubulars 10s hub shimano sram $900

Shimano ultegra 6870 di2 tt group used take off 750$

BMC TM01 small used 1 season been hanging in the shop for a year $1600 shipped
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So.... Can you return my groupset or are you keeping it?

His first response to me! Not very happy. :(

And another unhappy customer

Last edited by: dudemanppl: Nov 17, 17 15:17
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [unitedathletica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was not going to get involved in this, but editing the post to fit your claims is just scammy.

The Speed Concept you referred to came with a used 6870 groupset:

Before you deleted it, your ad listed a new 6870 groupset:

Now that you're claiming that the groupset you were selling is from the Speed Concept, you copy pasted your ad but changed the text to say used?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
unitedathletica wrote:
This was my post and i shimano group i was selling was a tale off pirchase from jcooley on a speed concept 3 weeks ago
But that for attacks

You stop responding to me when requested to return on my dime, had to get paypal involved i offered the same solution again and you refused paypal escalated and sent me a refund.

Trek madon 6 series project 1 size 56 frame set 900$ Yellow and black

Trek emonda SL6 large viper red and black
1500 for the frame set or $1900 built with ultegra 11s

Hed jet flame rouge disc and 9 pair 10s
Can be upgraded to 11s. $1050
For the pair

Zipp disc clincher with Aluminium brake strip 10s $550

Sram etap road group new in box $1300
Sram etap tt / tri up grade kit with sram tt990 brake levers 1300

Trek Speed concept Gen 2 L 7.0 crystal white $1800 store demo mint condition
( can offer it with the 7.5 cockpit ) + $200

Trek speed concept 7.5 gen 2 large ultegra 11s 6800 build $2400 willing to part out
Black red grey and white

Trek speed concept 7.5 gen 2 medium ultegra 11s 6800 build $2400 willing to part out

Trek speed concept 7.5 gen 2 peoject 1 medium sram red wifli r2c build with cobb 160mm crank
Grey pink and blue

Trek speed concept 9 series gen 2 peoject 1 medium Frame set uci legal version green black and white
2600 ( store demo mint condition )

Trek speed concept 9 series gen 2 medium Frame set black grey and white built with ultegra 6870 11s di2
Team raced bike in great condition
$3600

Zipp 404 firecrest tubulars 10s hub shimano sram $900

Shimano ultegra 6870 di2 tt group used take off 750$

BMC TM01 small used 1 season been hanging in the shop for a year $1600 shipped

Just going to quote this in case you feel the need to delete it after being called out on your bs...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I have had no negative feedback on this forum , i did have a pretty bad bike crash. i have had a ton of transactions since 2014 without issue +600 feedback on ebay no issues.
Last edited by: unitedathletica: Nov 17, 17 16:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So do you still have the 6870 group?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
this is getting more and more interesting. he also posted a speed concept for sale two weeks ago (i don’t have a copy of the original post, might be the current one but edited). i sent him a message asking about it and he sent me a link to a FB group posting. interestingly enough there was the SAME EXACT post by someone else three posts down. same exact pics. i asked him about it and his response was “I bought the bike on ebay , to recycle another frame that was missing the front end ( lost by FedEx in transit )
I also have multiple mono extension options straight bar and s-bend if yo prefer one of those option over the ergo long ”

i stopped contacting after that because it seemed too curious. also within the same hour his FB posting was then taken down. glad i didn’t proceed; good luck to you tho.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I almost sold a set f wheels to this guy via Pinkbike also. Has two accounts here I believe. garry_tri and unitedathletica. Everything was fishy. Nothing was going to be easy. Ship to one location. Nope ship to this location. Nope I'll send a prepaid shipping box. I feel for you mann. This guy seems like a difficult one to please and deal with. I hope he does the right thing by you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very unethical and thanks for the warning. Be nice if Slowtwich would inactivate his account(s). All though you originally said no refunds, you contacted PayPal for reimbursement. The right thing for the buyer to do is return the item. It’s clear his intentions are not in the best interest for forums such as this.

Hope you get your item back.

"Heart Rate, Watts, I have no idea, I race, I don't pace." Andrew Starykowicz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im not sure if i get a say in this mud sling fest at least i hope its mud !

the PayPal refund happend 2 days ago !

- Purchased a group from the seller
- the group i purchased was for my team bike from 2017 i needed a good cheap group to sell it with, since this arrived not complete.The group had been forwarded to me from American mail and parcels, the shop i store my outgoing gear at. It was forwarded to Toronto, Canada where i am up visiting family before heading back down south post the the holidays.

I ended up having to upgrade the bike to an sram red 22 Etap group because that all i had which was a loss on my part. It was going to a serviceman deploying to Afghanistan and was time sensitive. At this point i was still willing to ship back.

original cost of the group $820 ( $820 was refunded by PayPal )
$820 USD to CAD via xe.com $1060 CAD
cost duty into Canada
via http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/...acl/est-cal-eng.html
$317 CAD via to USD via xe.com $249 USD
cost of forwarding service $8
cost of brokerage service $32
cost of shipping from the mail forwarder in champlain NY $44
cost of being trolled harasses priceless ! lol
my cost despite the refund : 333 USD

- He failed to ship the agreed upon package as advertised.
- I requested i ship it back and he refund me
- he booted me from swap meet where he is an admin , and stop responding so block him as well on every platform to force PayPal based communication
- i open a claim with PayPal offering the same scenario as before. I return for a refund what he had sent
- He refused , the claim escalated
- he did not refund me as stated PayPal intervened and settled on my behalf since the seller was not willing to take it back. Refund came after i called PayPal and with assistance with forwarding needed documents so you have hard time with truth i was on the phone with PayPal when they were reviewing the case and they told me they would refund me since he was not willing to
- called PayPal to ask what to do about the goods they told whatever, he made it clear he was not taking back.

what makes me irritated and is slowing down the resolution time

- i was willing to send the goods back when trying to locate the original listing i noticed he had banned me despite not violating any of the rules.
-Seller has been having friends troll me on FB, I have had 48 messages from his mignons and 28 missed calls from random California #'s where he shipped from just today
- I had requested to have the seller communicate via PayPal instead of everywhere else all at once holding my hostage. - I was given a return label yes but the the wrong location without comunication

I have been at the track in Pan am velodrome in Burlington Ontario eh ! since Wednesday this is my first time able to actually respond at my desktop.

I will do my best to respond to all the questions everyone, im am getting via call text Facebook from his consented friends and family

Still willing to work with you despite how great of an experience this has been but it would be a lot easier without the harassment.

i have + 600 feedback on my ebay i have no current negative feedback here my only negative feedback if this and i am the buyer. 127 selling transaction in the year without any major bumps.

Last edited by: unitedathletica: Nov 18, 17 6:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey cool, more lies. I'm okay with that. I was the one that called in to paypal to tell them to refund you. Nobody who messaged or called you is my friend, I just put your information out there so other people can be warned. It seems like everyone has a story about you, and you have a bad rap locally too. Try not to play bad guy. So anyway, can you ship it back yet?
Last edited by: dudemanppl: Nov 17, 17 19:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he has both your money and gear, can you not contact his local PD for help?
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not really sure where he is to be honest. Hopefully hes close to deciding to sending the stuff back?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do you know how to read ! did i stutter ?
your insistence on attacking me makes me want to help you out see the attachments paypal laid
so the fact that they were from your hood, and the fact that
it out nice and clear
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dude im in Toronto he sending me a label for the the states let me just swim across lake ontario
also want me to bend over at take the hit on duty and forwarding fee's
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you didn't list up my groupset for sale and shipped it back to me, none of this would have happened. Let me know when you are going to send it.
Quote Reply
Re: Scammer: unitedathletica/Garry Mathieu Do not deal with! [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
read the whole thread before giving your opinion
i have traded over 10k worth of gear with brian richards
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not calling you a scammer as I've never bought or sold things with you. But keeping somebody's item after you got a refund and not returning their item isn't exactly legal and would be considered theft. I know that's what I'd do in that situation.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I talked to Brian today. So are you going to send back my money or my groupset? I'm still happy to send out the charger to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love this post fact world we live in.

people i have sold swag to via here off FB issues as a seller
items sold the past 30 days
Krystaline Ruiz srap etap group
Virginia Kabe powertap
Josh Leblanc zipp 808 powertap
Frank Shreve madone 9 series with aeolus comp
David Chalupa bontrager accosories
John Gamrat bontrager accories
Jimmy Ho trek speed concept 9
Hadley Carpenter sram etap group with quarq
Thomas Burberry trek 9 series
Che Hodgins elite realturbo muin
Michael Williams trek sc gen 7.5
Kelvin Mahli sram XG 11-26
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did you read the situation the label sent is to ship from within the US
i am willing to ship back with a proper label but i am not paying the bill for someone else's mistake would you do that ? $333 in duty, brokerage and shipping
Quote Reply

Prev Next