Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by oldtrojanruner
Last edited by: oldtrojanruner: Jun 23, 07 21:48
Re: Rock Bottom Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [oldtrojanruner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry guys, I gotta get this thing sold. I will bump 1x a day till she finds a new home. Thanks for understanding
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would somebody please buy his bike. I am soooooooooooo tired of seeing it on e-bay and here on the classifieds :)

I have seen more Plasmas this year at races than last year. The Plasmas look real nice in person and if this were a 54, I'd have been real interested.

I feel for you Trojan Man. I finally sold my Lucero at a steal and I thought I had a very marketable bike. The problem is the competition of brand new carbon fiber bikes at a great price point. Hang in there and the right person will come along.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Rock Bottom Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry Rooster,

Gotta bump it again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump for the weekend
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I get some additional PICS sent to me

Last edited by: SP: Jun 10, 07 18:06
Quote Reply
Re: Rock Bottom Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [SP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SP

I have seen this bike personally - it is beatiful andhas been babied
Quote Reply
Re: Rock Bottom Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is good to hear. I am just beginning to get into this sport and I am looking to make my first REAL investment. I currently ride a Javelin that I bought from a friend for $300. Great deal and the bike rides fine(did find out it is slightly bent when I was getting it tuned up), but think it may be a little small.

I am 6' so not real sure of what size is best, but have been told that 56cm may work, but is probably at the upper limits I should consider.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks again for the reply.

Quote | Reply
SP
I am 6ft and one half inch tall with a 34 inseam
The bike old trojan runner is selling is perfect - and I know from experience - if you have a shorter inseam - you can always trim the seat mast - if you have a longer inseam - there is still plenty of room to go higher.

The plasma is a beautiful bike - perfect for time trialing and flat out triathlon racing - it climbs well and is built for speed. Oldtrojanrunner has made a few upgrades on this bike - and to buy this bike new would cost twice what he is asking.

I know it has only a few training miles and one major race - Ironman Arizona.

The plasma comes in several different versions - this one is the LTD - top of the line in the range.

The plasma ltd is durable enough for training and racing on - without having to buy a second bike specifically for training.

This specific bike represents perhaps the best value in anything on the market either here or on ebay at the moment.

The seller has a genuine reason for the sale and I can tell you it is breaking his heart to have to sell it

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

(For what it is worth - I am not particularly flexible - do not ride with a lot of drop - and was able to get really comfortable on the plasma LTD in this exact size!)
Quote Reply
Re: Rock Bottom Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [AndrewJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
now willing to entertain trade offers as well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ground Hog Day!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, OK!!!! $3000 shippied in U.S. $3000 + actual shipping above the 49th Somebody BUY THIS THING!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: SUPER Rock Bottom Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [oldtrojanruner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fathers Day bump!
Quote Reply
Re: SUPER Rock Bottom Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [oldtrojanruner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am going to place a link onto our local tri club classifieds for you - this is just too good to pass up
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump AGAIN!!! I know someone wants this bike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a tip - the Plasma requires a "cut-to-length" seatmast. Without telling people how much you've cut, no one will buy this. In order to sell the frame, you need to give people an idea of your seat height, which saddle is on there, etc. For example, I ride a 56 (actually a 58 in the plasma, but nevermind that). My saddle height is a very tall 81.8cm from bb center to saddle center. Most people who had a plasma and cut it could never sell it to me. Just an FYI. I'm not interested in the bike, I'm just pointing out you are leaving out a very key piece of information that people will need to buy this bike. Not mentioning that it has a cut-to-length seatmast is also not very cool, since some newbie might not even know to ask...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: SUPER Rock Bottom Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jordan,

I am not "leaving out" the cut to length seatmast, it was just an oversight. I talk about the fact that I have trimmed 1 inch off the seatmast to anyone who expresses interest. I do take exception to the "not very cool" comment, I am not trying to take anyone here. I don't want to sell this bike, I HAVE to. But an oversight is an oversight. For the record, the length from center of BB to seat top is 78cm currently, there is an additional 2-3cm adjustment available through the cap.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough. I was just surprised, as that is sort of one of the main features of the bike, that you would not mention it. I guess if you ride the bike long enough you sort of forget that it's unique in that regard. I apologize for implying that you might have been trying to take someone. I didn't mean it that way, though I see that is how it came out. Really, I was just trying to help you sell the bike, and I thought not mentioning that (nor how much you'd cut) was really hurting you. But again, sorry for the tone. Best of luck selling it!! I believe Scott also makes three caps for the post now, with the max-adjust cap giving you 5cm. Might want to double check on that, though.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: SUPER Rock Bottom Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the help. Also thanks for mentioning the new cap options. I forgot to add that info as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump for the longest day of the year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@ $2900 Anybody???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buuuummmmmp
Quote Reply
Re: $2900 Deal: 06 Plasma LTD. 56cm [oldtrojanruner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
someone make an offer??????
Quote Reply

Prev Next